steve_b_wales

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, harrycatcat1 said:

Just the one recorded for me, shot 3 but couldn't find 2.

Yep they can crawl off, in fact run off as if not hit if body shot but if one goes off on tippy yoes with tail sticking up in the air it is dead somewhere. I had one this week, hit it smack through the ribs at about 10 paces and it still managed to run 15yrds and got five foot up a tree trunk before it ran out of fuel.  I whacked a second time before it let go to make sure. As I have said many times, they are tough little boogers.

I had one which I did think I had missed yesterday, this morning. No mistake this time. A big Momma tree rat fat as butter.

1 minute ago, Walker570 said:

Yep they can crawl off, in fact run off as if not hit if body shot but if one goes off on tippy yoes with tail sticking up in the air it is dead somewhere. I had one this week, hit it smack through the ribs at about 10 paces and it still managed to run 15yrds and got five foot up a tree trunk before it ran out of fuel.  I whacked a second time before it let go to make sure. As I have said many times, they are tough little boogers.

I had one which I did think I had missed yesterday, this morning. No mistake this time. A big Momma tree rat fat as butter.

One of the ones I couldn't find fell from the top of a fir tree but in that area its high ferns and brambles. By the time you have got through it could have crawled anywhere. I don't count them unless I find them dead.

48 minutes ago, harrycatcat1 said:

It "winds me up" when I can't find them though. But then again if it was easy it would be boring 😴🙄

Its always going to be tricky if you drop them into cover at this time of year and don't have a dog.

Another two this morning 

On 11/09/2021 at 10:26, Walker570 said:

Another potential walnut thief this morning but there is another.

1 or 1101?

I know you are succeeding in getting the numbers up, but that would be an exceptional daily score 🤣

Edited by amateur