• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 hours ago, Mice! said:

Hang on,  eleven! Tell us more.

Well not been out for a month or so due to work, so got out at dawn with the 12g covered part of a wood that borders one farm. As soon as I got out of the truck I spotted one with thermal sat on the outer branches of a hazel tree some hundred yards away, just quietly walked down the hedge to the wood then along it to the hazel tree, said squirrel was still there, he didn't like the 32gr no6. He was young and not really alert to the dangers more concerned with feeding.

Most of the other were similar and seven out of the eleven were young, walking quietly you could hear them dropping husks as they fed, thermal played some part but not so much due to leaf coverage, had a cracking shot at one high up and running in a massive beech tree.

Also saw some fox scatt and could smell the fox, walked on a few yards further and thermal picked up a heat source were something had been laid in a covered bit by a fallen tree, he either scented or heard me, or both.

Edited by powler

4 hours ago, powler said:

Well not been out for a month or so due to work, so got out at dawn with the 12g covered part of a wood that borders one farm. As soon as I got out of the truck I spotted one with thermal sat on the outer branches of a hazel tree some hundred yards away, just quietly walked down the hedge to the wood then along it to the hazel tree, said squirrel was still there, he didn't like the 32gr no6. He was young and not really alert to the dangers more concerned with feeding.

Most of the other were similar and seven out of the eleven were young, walking quietly you could hear them dropping husks as they fed, thermal played some part but not so much due to leaf coverage, had a cracking shot at one high up and running in a massive beech tree.

Also saw some fox scatt and could smell the fox, walked on a few yards further and thermal picked up a heat source were something had been laid in a covered bit by a fallen tree, he either scented or heard me, or both.

Cracking morning out👏👏