How many Grey Squirrels killed in 2021

steve_b_wales

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm going to add these as we generally have shot together since we were teens, he's got a new perm which I can't get too atm and after telling him what to do, and waiting a month with its first feeder, he had 5 in a hour (actually 7 but couldn't find the other 2) before heading to work this am. Looks like it's going to be a productive place. 

+5 =

Total 372

IMG-20210223-WA0003.jpg

7 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

I'm going to add these as we generally have shot together since we were teens, he's got a new perm which I can't get too atm and after telling him what to do, and waiting a month with its first feeder, he had 5 in a hour (actually 7 but couldn't find the other 2) before heading to work this am. Looks like it's going to be a productive place. 

+5 =

Total 372

IMG-20210223-WA0003.jpg

A new shooter, and good shooting 👍

+3 this morning. 

375 running total 

9 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

+5 =

Total 372

IMG-20210223-WA0003.jpg

Well done mate. Seven is a fantastic result. Some of us haven’t seen a squirrel on our feeders in weeks. 

13 minutes ago, hatter said:

Well done mate. Seven is a fantastic result. Some of us haven’t seen a squirrel on our feeders in weeks. 

Its a new woodland/perm of about 5 acre that's never been shot. On first entering he saw no signs of action, and left the feeder in a good spot (nice situ for a hide). Not a single bit of bait taken in 2 weeks, so he moved it 30 yards, and he reckons about a 1/4 of that feeder is going every few days. I personally think for nearly 2 hours laying on the deck (he wanted to as I have the chairs....) he done alright. Plus breaking in the fx in 177 as he's never had a 177 before. 

Ill make him another couple of feeders and get a trail cam out as soon as I can travel over there for a peruse 

Plus he loves eating squirrel. 

14 hours ago, strimmer_13 said:

Its a new woodland/perm of about 5 acre that's never been shot. On first entering he saw no signs of action, and left the feeder in a good spot (nice situ for a hide). Not a single bit of bait taken in 2 weeks, so he moved it 30 yards, and he reckons about a 1/4 of that feeder is going every few days. I personally think for nearly 2 hours laying on the deck (he wanted to as I have the chairs....) he done alright. Plus breaking in the fx in 177 as he's never had a 177 before. 

Ill make him another couple of feeders and get a trail cam out as soon as I can travel over there for a peruse 

Plus he loves eating squirrel. 

That sounds like a great permission as it’s never been shot. Two hours laying on the ground....no thanks. Treat yourselves to a hide there is loads of good advice to be had on here and AGF about hides, be it pop up ones or the pallet type. I’m more than happy to share my experiences both good and bad with the pop up variety. 

For two hours laying on the ground that’s an excellent result, respect to your mate. 

Post some pictures of the feeders when you make them I’m interested to see what other people are using.

Three today off the feeder with the AAS410 in 177. First customer at 07:20 last one at 08:40. 

469C1F35-F541-4093-A3F3-8204FC3A876A.jpeg

Edited by hatter
Forgot to update total.

14 hours ago, Mice! said:

It really is straight forward,  I'll PM you

Should be straight forward if you have a facility on your computer to store photos.  I just attach the same cord I use for charging into the computer and it pops up upload and I click that and save.   Nice will sort you out as he probably knows the techy terms.