Shooting pistols in mainland uk

yeet

I was talking to a friend that shoots at a rifle and pistol club in Somerset and he was saying that people there shoot standard pistols (sans brace and barrel extension), now the only way I thought possible to do this was via a section 7.3 or maybe zeroing a humane dispatch pistol with just a few rounds as I’ve got conditioned but he said they were mag dumping mag after mag, I was wondering if there are any exemptions that allow people to do this or has he misunderstood and they’re shooing air pistols or something??

I am a member of Bicester Pistol and Rifle Club and I shoot a pistol and revolver and own them both on my FAC. The revolver is black powder .44 Remington. I use this revolver for “cowboy action shooting competitions” look them up on google.

My pistol is a Morini Target pistol .22lr that I usually shoot on an outdoor range at 50 meters. This type of competition is called “free pistol shooting” it is an Olympic discipline and I expect there are less than 500 people shooting it in the U.K. because our gun laws.

Other friends have semi auto .22 pistol on their section 1 FAC and do rapid fire ans turning target shooting.

Look on goggle for the British Pistol Shooting Club 

If you think I am pulling your chain! I will put up a picture of my pistol and revolver and a picture of my FAC.

I must add that I enjoy shooting sporting clays the most.

It's like in northern ireland we have traded off having to have a firearms licence for airguns for being able to own pretty much any kind of pistol we want so long as we are in a club.

I just can't justify nearly 400quid a year fees just to own a browning hipower 🙁

14 hours ago, yeet said:

I was talking to a friend that shoots at a rifle and pistol club in Somerset and he was saying that people there shoot standard pistols (sans brace and barrel extension), now the only way I thought possible to do this was via a section 7.3 or maybe zeroing a humane dispatch pistol with just a few rounds as I’ve got conditioned but he said they were mag dumping mag after mag, I was wondering if there are any exemptions that allow people to do this or has he misunderstood and they’re shooing air pistols or something??

In the UK you can shoot LBP  long barrel pistol minimum barrel length 12 inch with a 12inch stock extension semi auto in .22 with restrictions, only the owner can shoot it no one else by law can even handle it.

Larger calibres  are long barrel revolvers with the same barrel length and stock extensions and restrictions.

I probably shoot at the club you mentioned, and yes a lot of .22 rounds are shot

Stunner