Anybody on here got a Caterham?

AVB

Had a Robin Hood once which is basically a replica Lotus 7, immense fun, you’ll always be smiling.  Mine had no radio however the 4 into 1 exhaust was all the music you needed, it was freezing in the winter all except for my legs which cooked as they were basically in the engine bay and I was forever tinkering as the original builder wasn’t the best and one day the offside front wheel literally fell off, luckily at only about 5mph, half hour before I was doing 70 so it must have been my lucky day. If I had the cash I’d buy a Caterham at the drop of a hat, flawed but fun, as a Landrover owner your probably used to that anyway, I’ve been there too.

The R500 is the one enthusiasts love. Lighter more free revving rover k series engine. Some very nice ones on YouTube.

The K series was useless in lots of cars as it was asked to lug too much weight, in the Caterham with good cooling it's a peach, though getting harder to source.

Edited by figgy

2 hours ago, figgy said:

The R500 is the one enthusiasts love. Lighter more free revving rover k series engine. Some very nice ones on YouTube.

The J series was useless in lots of cars as it was asked to lug too much weight, in the caterham with good cooling it's a peach, though getting harder to source.

My old mans was the later duratec but..... what an immense car.