Dog theft.

fatchap

This is on the increase, on social media, on the news. Bloke in South London walking his springer, two blokes jump out of a van punch him to the ground grab his dog chuck it in the van and gone all done in broad daylight. 5 doors up my road. 4.30 in the afternoon two blokes kick a womans front door down, walk in bold as brass and steal her Staffie and its 6 pups they must have known obviously not done on the off chance.

If someone kicked my front door down and tried to steal my dog, he will have the problem of getting back out. I will make that extremely difficult and not to mention painful for him.

As a dog lover reading these stories turns my guts over. It must be gut wrenching for the owners. Not knowing what has or is to become of thier best friend. Are they used as bait dogs. Puppy farming,? I'd rather someone break into my house and empty it of the TV and valuables. You can replace them.

This crime seems to not be too high on the police to do list. And it should be treated more urgently with serious consequences.

‘ BIt of a character’ lives near here and had 2 dogs stolen, the third polite enquiry at ‘mobile home park’ resulted in their safe return, the police know who the problem is but don’t have the ‘resources’ (minerals) to do anything about it.

A group of travellers were planning on setting up on the green of the small housing estate I grew up on. Used to be a bonfire held on it around that time every year and they were informed by residents that regardless if they set up camp the bonfire was going ahead and if they physically wanted to be part of it they could go ahead. Where travellers go, crime levels go up.....in particular dog theft it seems, simple as.

Edited by Rob85
Adding text

20 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

A group of travellers were planning on setting up on the green of the small housing estate I grew up on. Used to be a bonfire held on it around that time every year and they were informed by residents that regardless if they set up camp the bonfire was going ahead and if they physically wanted to be part of it they could go ahead. Where travellers go, crime levels go up.....in particular dog theft it seems, simple as.

Exactly...in my little village I saw some set up a few villages away when put on a bike ride, I politely warned the village on the “next door” thing (like Facebook for old people) to not leave anything of value in gardens, keep an eye on their dogs etc and was met with a load of lefty ***** defending nonsense and accused of stigmatising them. You just can’t win. 

Dog theft is not a new phenomenon.  Historically - eg early-mid 19th C there were very harsh penalties ( by todays standards) for this crime.... yup, even back in the day there were dognappers/ransomers despite the harsh penalties.

More topically, dog breeders should be very careful when advertising their litter of pups, and let's not be shy here, there are many owners trying to cash in on the crazy pup prices of recent times.

• 2 weeks later...