Seeland quad sticks or Primos trigger sticks

foxbuster

Hi,

Undecided on which would be better? Like the idea of ease of traversing with trigger sticks but have heard a quite a few issues with legs sticking etc. Quad sticks appeal to me with the extra stability?

One of these will be used for everything from air rifle squizzer hunting to foxing with full bore. 
Open to other suggestions that I may have overlooked. 

Cheers

Having had a set of trigger sticks I cannot understand how people get on with them. Apart from the legs sticking you need the additional top support to get anything like the stability you get from quad's. Also if the ground has brash on it the legs will not drop through it on their own resulting in several attempts to set them. 

I then moved onto the Seeland sticks and they, for me were so much better then the trigger sticks. Faster, more versatile, greater stability and easier to set. The Viper Flex are a further improvement. They dont have the rather suspect locking tabs on the ends of the legs that the Seeland have I replaced them on mine with a bolt), or the wobbly 'seesaw' rest if the legs are not fully deployed. The vipers also have a wider rest allowing greater initial traverse before spinning pivot.

Might be worth looking at some of the newer models? https://www.bestdeercall.co.uk/product/mjoelner-hunting-fenris-ii-aluminium-quad-sticks/

I use Primos trigger sticks and get on fine with them, never had an issue with them. Tried quad sticks but couldn't get on with them at all. My mate is totally the opposite. I've used them all over different terrain and at the various heights from sitting to hill shooting. 

Thanks oowee, I was literally just looking at the fenris 2 ali sticks on bestfoxcaller. They do look good as can be used sitting also. How quick are they to deploy and get on your target? Realise that practice makes perfect but is it quite a natural movement to deploy? 

20 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Let us know how you get on. I’m keen to do likewise but it always seems a lot of money without knowing if they’ll work for me. 

I know what you mean, I’ve held off, have used a long extension legged Harris for years which is great, but have had a fair amount of shots I couldn’t/wouldn’t take due to not being able to steady the rifle in a standing position.

Will do mate, will be towards the middle of the month as I’m spent out till payday🤣👍

2 minutes ago, foxbuster said:

I’ve held off, have used a long extension legged Harris for years which is great, but have had a fair amount of shots I couldn’t/wouldn’t take due to not being able to steady the rifle in a standing position.

I’m exactly the same. I do take a lot of standing shots but it really limits the range you can engage at. 

My trigger sticks have served me well and, so far, I haven't had any problems with them. I bought the two point rifle rest which is an excellent bit of kit, but now use a 360 degree swivel ball head, connected to a QD plate. This is then connected to a 'pig saddle' type clamp (made by my friend and very strong)This is excellent and allows the rifle to be clamped in place and also gives plenty of movement when looking through the scope.

IMG_20210103_191238748-001.jpg