Gerry Marsden R I P

marsh man

5 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Just heard the sad news that Gerry Marsden , frontman from Gerry And The Pacemakers have passed away age 78 , one of my idols in the 60s   R I P .

You will never walk alone.

Did some amazing songs that are still popular today.

When Gerry was in his heyday, I always thoughts his voice wasn't very powerful. Having seen him live, over a number of years, I have to say i was wrong. A great live act and thoroughly decent person. A very good friend used to deliver bread to his mother's shop in Liverpool and met him many times. Said he was a class act.

Up until a few years ago Gerry and the pacemakers used to come to Yarmouth with a few other 60s groups to entertain the public during a 60s night concert , these were always very popular and Gerry and the pacemakers were always friendly and would yarn to the locals when they had a drink after there act , weather they could understand each other, that didn't really mater as long as they were enjoying each others company  :lol:, well thought of down this way .