Ruger 12/22

Lucasnorth

High velocity or standard velocity ammunition will cycle the best in it. Accuracy out of the box as said is pretty mediocre but if you are planning on modding it then it's the one for you, most other semis don't have a big plethora of stocks and add ons like it does. I've the remington 597 semi auto and it's VERY accurate in standard form, even with the open sights 

I had one for a few months to scratch a itch. It done that but if accuracy is what your after don't bother. I sold it asap. 

Cheap fixes for the accuracy part, float the barrel, remove the barrel band and polish the trigger (be careful tho or you'll **** it up), from factory its got to be 6lb plus, after a bit of youtubing it's down to around 3lb which cut the group sizes down considerably. Also don't bother with secondhand after market mags, they wear out faster compared to bx 10s and 25's. 

Best I could get out of mine was about 2inch at 50mtr. Sold it asap. That's my experience. Was bloody good fun tho ripping through 3-400 rounds in a couple of mins. 

I bought a second hand 10/22 years ago. I put a folding stock on it, although they are hard to find these days, an aftermarket trigger and a bigger mag release catch. It's nearly as accurate as my bolt action and cycles any ammo I put through it. 

My first .22rf was a Remington Speedmaster. It was a great little gun with a tubular magazine which held oodles of rounds, capable of shooting all .22 rf rounds except magnum. 
I had great fun with it and as far as I’m aware they’re still being made. Don’t get the one with the Monte Carlo stock as it interferes with the scope from what I’ve been told. 
A mate had a 10/22 but it wasn’t that reliable in my experience. They are just about the most customisable rf out there. 

BRNO/CZ make a .22mag’ auto. 

Edited by Scully

Looks fun. But maybe a bit unnecessary for rabbits😂

On 04/01/2021 at 10:38, MAB1954 said:

You don't say what you want it for. I have a 10/22 and use it on the range for practical/mini rifle style shooting for which it's good fun. It shoots most target ammo if kept clean. For all my hunting I use a CZ bolt gun.

It will be for rabbits mate. I don’t intend target shooting with it👍

On 04/01/2021 at 22:02, Lucasnorth said:

Thanks chaps, 

sounds like it may not be for me😄 

lucas. 

I don't see why not, I have had one for over 10 years it's accounted for almost 800 rabbits and a few foxes. now use it for targets and I can shoot same hole groups at 25 mtrs, it will cycle any ammo subs or hv I have no idea how many rounds I have put through it must be at least 15 to 20 thousand and the bore is like new.

13 hours ago, Lucasnorth said:

Looks fun. But maybe a bit unnecessary for rabbits😂

It will be for rabbits mate. I don’t intend target shooting with it👍

Ideal for rabbits but trigger not the best I had a 25round magazine on mine had hours of fun plinking with it.

Edited by blackbird

I used a 10/22 for years on rabbits, it did have a laminate stock, heavy target barrel and poly bushes in the action but still the same action and it was extremely accurate and if kept clean, very reliable even with Winchester subs. It only used to misfire/feed if the wax built up in the action or on a dusty night with it out of the window and wax + dust turned to concrete.