Magmount truck spotter - with no trailing cable

Dave-G

LOOK – NO CABLES!   👼

This USED truck spotter has a very powerful magnet that will plonk and stay on a steel roof or rail at 30MPH - probably much faster but I don’t want to trial if or when it lets go. It features an expensive high quality KPC low light camera with an expensive 50mm Cosmicar TV lens for better than average imaging. 

The camera/sender unit has a rechargeable battery that will provide about 5 hours constant use. A Uk plug mains charger is supplied. A mini weaver rail is securely fixed to attach an IR illuminator torch which is easily reached out the drivers window to double up as a handle to pan and tilt. The video image is transmitted via radio signal to a 7" monitor in the truck to avoid any cables trailing through a window or sunroof that can impede steering or maneuvering a rifle. The FPV radio signal does not suffer the usual lag that spoils wifi signals. 

The battery in the 7" high definition FPV receiver monitor doesn't last very long - so its supplied with a 12 volt cigar lighter plug and cable. An IR illuminator torch with an upgrade Black Sun IR LED pill is included - requires one 18650 rechargeable battery with charger - not supplied.

A no obligation demonstration is offered at East Leicester any evening well after dark.  

Price is £300 collected (preferred with demo) or add £15 for RMSD delivery to UK postcodes.

A short video instead of photos:

As this is a bit of a clearout I'll offer some no extra cost options: 

A weaker easier to lift off magnet base option which uses a taxi roof magnet.

A 75mm Cosmicar TV lens to give about 5 mag field of view in lieu of the 50mm lens offering about 3 and a bit mag. It has some scratches in the anodising.

The illuminator torch can be supplied with either a Black Sun LED pill or a Black Sun Ruby LED pill.

https://postimg.cc/bdDmzKmq

Edited by Dave-G

20 minutes ago, ant.mass said:

you still knocking them out then dave  :good:

Ner - I repurposed some new and used parts into a new box mainly for something to do. The 7" FPV receiver was one I had before replacing it with one that records. 

I still have a bunch of odds n ends laying about - many will just get dumped in a skip when I'm gone so I'll clear some out once in a while, mostly when I get bored enough to try and find something to do while shielding. 

Worst is the family won't know what to do with the rigs if covid takes me so if anything surplus can go it best be gone sooner lol.

Edited by Dave-G