Problems not looked at quick enough

hodge911

People that live a few doors away from me  got a brother & sister from same litter border x terriers 3 years ago  .

Nice looking litte dogs would have made great ratters! But a classic case of dog owners not knowing what to do to train their dogs.

From day 1 the pups pulled like steam trains and continuesly  yap,bark,scream whilst on leads now 3 years on they are exactly the same if not worse and have a serious lack of recall if they do get off lead .

If they do manage to escape they are like greyhounds out of the trap .... you then see/hear the woman and the grandkids running round like headless chickens shouting the dogs names trying to find them.... 

It's both comical and annoying  as it's another case of good dogs gone to waste .

I'll be lying in bed and around 6.30am every morning you hear  them all the way around their morning walk out. . . . Well in fact every bloody walk

Edited by hodge911

I had a run in with a fella who started walking his dogs where I trained mine. Mine was a pretty well behaved working cocker and his 2 were an almost completely out of control springer who just ran about barking and the other was a reasonably quiet GSP.

The guy walked around in a camo jacket trying to look like Mr countryside but didn't take too kindly to me when his dog took a snap at my dogs recently docked tail. I didn't get physical with it but it went skulking off when I shouted it down, informed the owner he needed to "sort it out and get it under control or keep it's damn lead on"

It's amazing how people think that a dog is trained when it stops going to the toilet on their kitchen floor or that they have to go to training classes for even very basic training. I found with my current dog(only a pet really) that training came very naturally after the work I had to do with the highly strung cocker and nothing I done would be looked at as intense training, more like building a rapport.

Some people really need to listen to that wee voice in their heads that's telling them they are in over their head!

3 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

I had a run in with a fella who started walking his dogs where I trained mine. Mine was a pretty well behaved working cocker and his 2 were an almost completely out of control springer who just ran about barking and the other was a reasonably quiet GSP.

The guy walked around in a camo jacket trying to look like Mr countryside but didn't take too kindly to me when his dog took a snap at my dogs recently docked tail. I didn't get physical with it but it went skulking off when I shouted it down, informed the owner he needed to "sort it out and get it under control or keep it's damn lead on"

It's amazing how people think that a dog is trained when it stops going to the toilet on their kitchen floor or that they have to go to training classes for even very basic training. I found with my current dog(only a pet really) that training came very naturally after the work I had to do with the highly strung cocker and nothing I done would be looked at as intense training, more like building a rapport.

Some people really need to listen to that wee voice in their heads that's telling them they are in over their head!

Why admit defeat? 

Most people’s want from a dog is a companion. The entire purpose of the vast majority of dogs in the U.K. is simply to exist and hang around. 

They don’t really care if the dog runs about 200 yards away from them and ruins your training. 

They’re started walking back to the car before you’ve even seen them, hoping the dog will catch up with them at some point.