BREXIT - EU Firms refuse to deliver to UK addresses

Cosmicblue

EU firms refuse UK deliveries over Brexit tax changes

So every company in Europe that wants to do business with the UK will have to to register with the HMRC as VAT will be collected at source - well our negotiation team really thought that one through...add to this that EU hauliers don't want to come to the UK and we have some challenging  times ahead.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

So every company in Europe that wants to do business with the UK will have to to register with the HMRC as VAT will be collected at source - well our negotiation team really thought that one through...add to this that EU hauliers don't want to come to the UK and we have some challenging  times ahead.

I believe this is actually an "EU thing" that is due to come in later this year so would have happened anyway.  Can't see those with any size of export to lose objecting.   I notice the examples used were a Dutch small retailer of cycle parts and a Belgian craft brewer 

Edited by Yellow Bear
added info

58 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

If they don’t want to sell to us then so be it. Lucky they can be so picky and have full order books. The article mentions two companies. That’s two out of how many? 

Edited by AVB

31 minutes ago, daveboy said:

A simple form scanned at the border for exports......the BBC seemed very disappointed at the

lack of queues at Dover.

I noticed that too! Reporter said ‘ 98% of vehicles were getting through, but that still leaves 2%......’ 😀No 💩 Sherlock! 

1 hour ago, vpk999 said:

Europe can stick their goods. If Boris would just remove the import duty and vat on American goods, I will buy them instead.

That would be my preferred option also, especially when buying American goods "made in USA".... but sadly a lot of their manufacturing industry has been outsourced abroad with the inevitable decline in quality.

45 minutes ago, harkom said:

That would be my preferred option also, especially when buying American goods "made in USA".... but sadly a lot of their manufacturing industry has been outsourced abroad with the inevitable decline in quality.

Anything which reduces cash going to China must be a good thing. They need taking down several pegs. 

Same for stuff from here.

Any order that leaves the UK will now be sent EXCLUDING VAT and will likely be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied by the destination’s local authorities.

3 hours ago, Walker570 said:

Had 4 years to get ready.  Pathetic really.

4 days. 

5 minutes ago, oowee said:

Any order that leaves the UK will now be sent EXCLUDING VAT and will likely be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied by the destination’s local authorities.

Exactly how it works when you sell to non-EU countries...lemmme see, 20%  (or more) VAT, or say, 11% import duties and fees but there's some paperwork.  Which would you pick?

What's baffling is why we're being charged VAT to buy from the EU at all.  But HMRC were never going to miss out on an opportunity of an earner.

55 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I see a bike company ? and beer seller ? on BBC, we make good beer in uk and I expect the bike company sell parts from China ?

Me to 👍

Ironically it's a UK company (Brookes saddles I believe) who were bought by an Italian company (Sella) who (and this is the dumb part) ship all of the UK made goods via their Italian warehouse even those which are destined for the UK!!!!

But as someone else mentioned, I'd rather buy USA goods with the exception of Beretta