BREXIT - EU Firms refuse to deliver to UK addresses

Cosmicblue

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Trucks? Over two and a quarter million "road haulage vehicles" in the year 2019. That's why the idiot Raab didn't grasp the reality of Dover-Calais.

https://www.doverport.co.uk/about/performance/

Let's be honest, there has been next to no disruption, certainly nothing like the remainiacs predicted, they look rather silly now. 

15 hours ago, Deker said:

Ironically it's a UK company (Brookes saddles I believe) who were bought by an Italian company (Sella) who (and this is the dumb part) ship all of the UK made goods via their Italian warehouse even those which are destined for the UK!!!!

You will not be surprised to hear that many pharmaceutical drugs/medicines that are manufactured in UK undergo the same nefarious retail channels and have to be re-imported by the NHS.  EU and Big Pharma are just part of The Gang of Immorals.

On 04/01/2021 at 19:16, oowee said:

Same for stuff from here.

Any order that leaves the UK will now be sent EXCLUDING VAT and will likely be subject to import duties and taxes which are applied by the destination’s local authorities.

4 days. 

We deliver a lot of goods bought at auction through the uk and Europe and globally.  I can safely say this is a complete **** up and it is one thing if you are a company but if you are a private individual and most of our clients are it’s a nightmare.

We took the decision to pack and ship via more general hauliers while it settled down and that’s been interesting.  Clients are having to register for eori numbers which are required to do the customs entry for the export and it appears if you live in Spain you can get one in 24 hours, Germany it takes up to a month and the Netherlands you can’t get one as a private individual...... it will sort itself out but at the moment no one knows exactly what to do 

1 minute ago, al4x said:

We deliver a lot of goods bought at auction through the uk and Europe and globally.  I can safely say this is a complete **** up and it is one thing if you are a company but if you are a private individual and most of our clients are it’s a nightmare.

We took the decision to pack and ship via more general hauliers while it settled down and that’s been interesting.  Clients are having to register for eori numbers which are required to do the customs entry for the export and it appears if you live in Spain you can get one in 24 hours, Germany it takes up to a month and the Netherlands you can’t get one as a private individual...... it will sort itself out but at the moment no one knows exactly what to do 

My son has the same issues with his company and also with exports to NI which are also problematic. They have hired and filled warehouses in advance expecting this but it's not been easy. Hopefully just teathing problems. 

Me too, especially tools. They make some very good tools that are very hard to source on sale in the UK

They make the best spanners, ratchets, screwdrivers, sockets etc in the World. I used to have about 50 different makes of USA tools - probably now only about 30, but they are different league.

2 hours ago, Gordon R said:

They make the best spanners, ratchets, screwdrivers, sockets etc in the World. I used to have about 50 different makes of USA tools - probably now only about 30, but they are different league.

They used to, Sears Craftsman lifetime guarenteed (Sear gone broke?), snap-on etc but I think they have gone down the cheap Chinese route since the 80"s.

Facom went down the Taiwan route as did some American companies. I like Facom ratchets and have a few of the made in France models. I have their older spanners and also the new shape - made in Taiwan. I prefer the new shape - very comfortable - but they are not as durable as the old stuff.

SK USA - the best spanners money can buy. Wright, Cornwell, Bonney (now gone), KD, Allen, Channellock, Armstrong, Proto, Lisle, Blackhawk, Williams, Snap On, MAC are all different league to almost all other countries. German tools are really their only competition.

9 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Facom went down the Taiwan route as did some American companies. I like Facom ratchets and have a few of the made in France models. I have their older spanners and also the new shape - made in Taiwan. I prefer the new shape - very comfortable - but they are not as durable as the old stuff.

SK USA - the best spanners money can buy. Wright, Cornwell, Bonney (now gone), KD, Allen, Channellock, Armstrong, Proto, Lisle, Blackhawk, Williams, Snap On, MAC are all different league to almost all other countries. German tools are really their only competition.

Oh no! I didn't know....but guessed likely as not....FACOM had maybe done that. All my FACOM kit I either gave away or sold on eBay some ten years ago. The Britool for the Whitworth stuff on mostly Standard Triumph vehicles. I was never a great Snap On believer. It was all from forty-five years ago for when I owned British cars....Triumph Vitesse, Bond Equipe, Sunbeam Tiger and the like so all imperial. What I did also like with Facom is that they did both hexagonal sockets and hexagonal combination spanners. On older cars bi-hexagonal profile tools led to much cursing as it rounded the nut very nicely. Harrummph!

Today ???

We understand your disappointment. Normally the procedure we offer in this cases are of course that, since you bought it from us, you send it to us first and we take care of the damage and so on. Now because of the actuall situation, COVID-19 the boarders are closed and because of Brexit there are other costs and rules that we as a german/EU company have to take care of first, before we send or receive any products back from the UK. That is why we can not help you right now with this problem. We didn't have this problems at the past, that is why we are asking for your understanding and patience until we get to solve this problem. Therefore we were suggesting a faster way to solve your problem, which is you contacting the manufacturer in you country so that you do not have to wait for us, not because we do not want to help you but because, as said before, there are some issues that are actually happening that are making our delivery processes and warranty cases take a lot longer than expected. For that we are please asking you for your understanding and patience. I talked to our warehouse manager yesterday about this topic and he told me that by now we cant not do anything to receive your product as soon as possible, we depend of customs and not just that but the boarders are closed so we can not do anything by now. I will talk to our warehouse manager again to see if there is anything we could do in this case.

On 06/01/2021 at 21:45, Gordon R said:

Yes but very expensive over here because of all the import duty and middle men adding their percentage. Snap On were literally half the price in USA compared to here.

You have to remember as well the innovation aspect. As their name implies they invented the concept of modular tools that we pretty much take for granted today.

15 hours ago, oowee said:

Today ???

We understand your disappointment. Normally the procedure we offer in this cases are of course that, since you bought it from us, you send it to us first and we take care of the damage and so on. Now because of the actuall situation, COVID-19 the boarders are closed and because of Brexit there are other costs and rules that we as a german/EU company have to take care of first, before we send or receive any products back from the UK. That is why we can not help you right now with this problem. We didn't have this problems at the past, that is why we are asking for your understanding and patience until we get to solve this problem. Therefore we were suggesting a faster way to solve your problem, which is you contacting the manufacturer in you country so that you do not have to wait for us, not because we do not want to help you but because, as said before, there are some issues that are actually happening that are making our delivery processes and warranty cases take a lot longer than expected. For that we are please asking you for your understanding and patience. I talked to our warehouse manager yesterday about this topic and he told me that by now we cant not do anything to receive your product as soon as possible, we depend of customs and not just that but the boarders are closed so we can not do anything by now. I will talk to our warehouse manager again to see if there is anything we could do in this case.

The new update we have is Dpd Uk have suspended deliveries to Europe from the UK as they are struggling with the process and clearance............

Edited by al4x

2 hours ago, al4x said:

The new update we have is Dpd Uk have suspended deliveries to Europe from the UK as they are struggling with the process and clearance............

I suspect many of the undercutting/budget transport company's will not be able to charge their clients to make the paper workload viable until new prices/contracts are made.

Are there any issues about EU obstruction/payback at all?

5 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

I suspect many of the undercutting/budget transport company's will not be able to charge their clients to make the paper workload viable until new prices/contracts are made.

Exactly right Dave we just have to accept it will take longer and we will have to pay more. 

Yes but very expensive over here because of all the import duty and middle men adding their percentage. Snap On were literally half the price in USA compared to here.

Vince you are right, however only MAC and Snap On retain their second hand value. The going rate for these two is about 50% of new price. Others makes such as SK do not bring the same money, even though their spanners are better. KD / Allen are the same standard as the big two, but don't command anything like the same money.

It's a triumph of aggressive marketing, mobile dealerships and the availability of easy finance. Snap On are the biggest sellers in the UK, although not the biggest company in the USA. It used to be Easco, but now Stanley MAC.

4 hours ago, oowee said:

Exactly right Dave we just have to accept it will take longer and we will have to pay more. 

For some reason the EU and its admirers always make me think of the Roman empire.   Maybe it is because of that little speech in the 1960 film "Spartacus":

“There is only one way to deal with Rome …………..   
You must serve her.    
You must abase yourself before her.    
You must grovel at her feet.    
You must love her.”

5 hours ago, Dave-G said:

From our perspective it is hitting EU clients and it is them who are paying more.  Though there are in theory no tariffs they are getting stuck with a handling charge. Vat and if the goods came from another country originally they may have a tariff on top..... it’s going to kill cross channel trade until it gets sorted out.  It’s going to be interesting seeing how it pans out but for the moment my vehicles won’t be going over and we will use couriers instead but the pile in our warehouse waiting correct paperwork is growing by the day