FAC renewal No Dr Fee

Dougy

Had a phone call today for my renewal interview, a few questions asked about shotguns and rifles possessed, firearms security and ammunition arrangements etc. Authority to own calibres and usage all OK no questions as to not having any future stalking booked, although i did discuss the obvious restrictions this year. 

There was also a mention of my medical history, no change there, all fit and well there. But above all no mention of cost or notification from my surgery, i refused to make any payments and made it clear at the start. 

It's a lottery, depends on where you are and who your GP is.

Herts, Beds and Cambs insist on a signed form from your doctor confirming your medical history, it's literally a few details then 8 yes/no tick boxes.

Mine cost £45, my daughters surgery charged her a £9 "admin fee".

Refuse to pay and they don't fill it in, no form, no ticket.

Mine's not due until March but I thought I'd get in early, due to Covid, I got the form back from the Dr's in 4 days.

You are lucky that your police force renewed your license without any payment etc. Mine refused point blank to renew without my medical records or letter from my GP, who refused point blank to have anything to do with it. In the end, I went through BASC who gave me details of a GP, who was going to charge me £50 (the going rate) but in the end only charged £25.