Democracy

The Heron

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Better to watch than the C19 doom and gloom on TV, i find it strange that Trump has not been knobbled, he's a mardy self righteous mardy child thats chucked all his toys out of the pram. 

He should be charged with incitement to riots, i used to think he was OK but now,,, no chance. They bloke's a brat

He has just asked for everyone to go home.  Almost half of the US population believe the election was rigged so maybe that is why so many people gathered at the Capital.

Pull up Ted Cruz speech on the floor of the house(youtube)  It will be interesting to see if the Democrats agree to his idea of a thorough investigation across party lines of the disputed States and for Biden to come out all holier than thow.....don't wind me up. He needs to be investigated for his connections with his sons shady dealings with China.

Edited by Walker570

7 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

He has just asked for everyone to go home.  Almost half of the US population believe the election was rigged so maybe that is why so many people gathered at the Capital.

Pull up Ted Cruz speech on the floor of the house(youtube)  It will be interesting to see if the Democrats agree to his idea of a thorough investigation across party lines of the disputed States and for Biden to come out all holier than thow.....don't wind me up. He needs to be investigated for his connections with his sons shady dealings with China.

Do you believe that Trump is culpable in any way for what happened at the Capitol today?

7 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Yeah, he spent 5 minutes stirring it up stolen election fraud etc, and then told them to go home. 

Just now, grrclark said:

Do you believe that Trump is culpable in any way for what happened at the Capitol today?

If you support and encourage a large rally after stirring it up for months like he has, then yes you can't just walk away with no responsibility. 

Just now, ordnance said:

Yeah, he spent 5 minutes stirring it up stolen election fraud etc, and then told them to go home. 

He practically told them in his earlier address to do what they did.  Then in his last message he told them he loved them, he loves the mob that attacked the defining symbol of US democracy.  It's staggering.

On a lighter side - but no less weighty topic, the chap second from right in the BBC's image is my hero. Yup, that's right. Find the fattest security guy you can and take cover behind him. 280lb body armour, right there

image.png.3fb7066bd99e3021d64a4b4a7742316e.png

Trump's also called Pence a coward tonight. He excels in creating then fuelling discord. At some point he's going to say something he really can't walk back. I don't think he's said anything that he couldn't walk back from - yet. Reprehensible, yes. but not provably criminal. Give him time and Twitter, however, and that could change...

Edited by chrisjpainter

Apparently the woman shot during the disturbance within the Capital building has died.

A new low in American politics.

Surely trump has to be called to account for his actions?

Hopefully there will be extensive prosecutions of the fools that decided they could invade such a place in an effort to change the result of the election.

Edited by TIGHTCHOKE

I said this would happen and feared it would be worse when almost 50% of the folks in The USA feel they got taken to the cleaners.  It will be interesting to see if the suggestion by Senator Cruz is taken up and there is a full independant enquiry into the process of the election with a panel of 15 selected members and a proper technical investigation into the process.  That is the only way that peace will settle over the USA.    From what we have heard and seen so far there are questions to be answered.

There is litle doubt there is huge corruption within the political class over there BUT HEH!! .... pot calling black ??

On the deaths.  One middle aged lady was spoken to by a reporter and she witnessed rubber bullets being discharged.  At close quaters they will kill you.  Also, at one point a medic and three policemen ran across the foreground into the thinly spread crowd and returned with a person on a stretcher.

This was no where near the turmoil on the steps.   Heart attack ??     If so how many of the remaining two deaths where from natural causes ?  You will not hear that from the fake news media.

Edited by Walker570

2 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

I said this would happen and feared it would be worse when almost 50% of the folks in The USA feel they got taken to the cleaners. 

Where is the evidence for this? Well over 50% of the UK population did not vote for our donkey but they don't feel that they were robbed. I am sure some feel the election was rigged but I can't believe anything like 50%.

Watch the brilliant speach by Senator Cruz on youtube and he details the figures.  Even 16% of Democrats believed it had been rigged.  This was in a poll taken just days before.    Taking the total Republican, Independant and Democrat replies it was well over 50%.   Of course if your taking your figures from CNN then I understand your confusion.

Regarding our voting returns only in a couple of locations has there been any fraud and that was postal voting and I believe one prosecution was brought in Peterborough.

22 minutes ago, oowee said:

Where is the evidence for this? Well over 50% of the UK population did not vote for our donkey but they don't feel that they were robbed. I am sure some feel the election was rigged but I can't believe anything like 50%.

The problem is that there is a huge amount of people in the US that are just like Walker and so blinded by their passion/devotion to Trump that they hang on his every word and believe the rhetoric while dismissing everything contrary as fake news or corruption.

It doesn’t matter that 62 court cases brought in support of Trump’s nonsense have been dismissed, that no evidence of large scale fraud has been produced in court, that ballot counts have been audited numerous times and found correct, that there is even a telephone call of Trump trying to coerce a State Secretary into rigging the results.  There is still something more that they will claim has not happened, i.e. a full independent enquiry, and it’s all a scam.

So long as people like that are so deeply entrenched in that train of thought then only the word of Trump or his equally imbecilic mouthpieces like Cruz carry any weight with them.  And the word of Trump yesterday incited that mob and caused people to die in pursuit of Trump’s vainglory.

Don’t blame those that have been conned, blame the conman and those in power who parrot his message.