Democracy

The Heron

The real reason Trump and Rudy are putting on this sideshow is to distract from the battering they took in Georgia. They managed to lose the Senate and give old man Biden much greater power. The reason Obama was so ineffective is that he rarely had majorities to push through his legislative agenda. 

0D39F8A9-B0E2-48FE-AE34-6DA93F30FA5B.png

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, grrclark said:

The problem is that there is a huge amount of people in the US that are just like Walker and so blinded by their passion/devotion to Trump that they hang on his every word and believe the rhetoric while dismissing everything contrary as fake news or corruption.

The same can be said about his opposition though. Totally unable to acknowledge any good he might have done. That's just made his "Fake news" BS even easier to spread. They've now managed to vote in one of the least mentally competent politicians of any recent times (when it comes to his memory and ability to give speeches), who's about 2 months away from abdication, which will leave Harris - who wouldn't have won on her own - and Pelosi (almost universally hated) to run the country. All this just to get Trump out, though most of them don't even know why.

Couple that with Trump supporters having 5 years of cancel culture and constant insults and slurs thrown at them, regardless of any actual wrong-doing, and there's no wonder tensions are running high.

We're going the same way, just at a slower rate. Look at the accepted abuse of people who voted for Brexit or the Tories.

Trump has definitely drunk his own kool aid, but he's had to be the most defensive Pres in history. There's little wonder it's damaged his already fragile bonce

1 hour ago, Walker570 said:

This was no where near the turmoil on the steps.   Heart attack ??     If so how many of the remaining two deaths where from natural causes ?  You will not hear that from the fake news media.

The problem is you are actually making things up, you have no evidence whatsoever. It's just as much a possibility that they were killed by little green men in disguise!

18 minutes ago, Demonic69 said:

The same can be said about his opposition though. Totally unable to acknowledge any good he might have done. That's just made his "Fake news" BS even easier to spread. They've now managed to vote in one of the least mentally competent politicians of any recent times (when it comes to his memory and ability to give speeches), who's about 2 months away from abdication, which will leave Harris - who wouldn't have won on her own - and Pelosi (almost universally hated) to run the country. All this just to get Trump out, though most of them don't even know why.

Couple that with Trump supporters having 5 years of cancel culture and constant insults and slurs thrown at them, regardless of any actual wrong-doing, and there's no wonder tensions are running high.

We're going the same way, just at a slower rate. Look at the accepted abuse of people who voted for Brexit or the Tories.

Trump has definitely drunk his own kool aid, but he's had to be the most defensive Pres in history. There's little wonder it's damaged his already fragile bonce

He is a hugely divisive and polarising figure, no doubt about that.

I agree there are a great many entrenched in an opposing view just because it is anti Trump.

It is not unreasonable to suggest that the run off in Georgia flipped to the Democrats because of Trump, he motivated the opposition to the polls while at the same time convincing the Republican voters that your votes don’t count as it’s all a fraud.

If you have any belief in the integrity of the US court system then you have to believe there is no actual evidence of large scale systemic fraud, it is simply bellicose rhetoric, propaganda and hearsay.

If you don’t believe in the integrity of the courts then there can be no independent assessment of anything.

10 minutes ago, henry d said:

The problem is you are actually making things up, you have no evidence whatsoever. It's just as much a possibility that they were killed by little green men in disguise!

I see the BBC are reporting 3 deaths as non specific medical emergencies, which by definition must be mostly accurate as dying is a medical emergency, at least it is right up until the point of expiry 🙂

This has very little to do with Trump.  The anger is not that Trump lost.  The anger is from many small things that are adding up.  Like Fulton(Alanta GA) county has not brought charges against the 1700 people that they caught voting multiple times.    It is the fact we spent four years being told the Russians hacked the election only now to be told the election can’t be hacked.   The fact that the Democrats blocked voter ID laws.  The fact that my vote still was not counted, the fact that my father voted for the first time in his life in November but had a voted counted in the last election.  It is the fact that of senators get voted in with a net worth a 500k and 4 years later are worth 20 million.  

4 minutes ago, Smokersmith said:

Are you suggesting the images we saw were a hoax, or that it's no big deal?

i’m saying it’s nowhere near as bad as made out no riots no burning buildings no gun fights where was the mob raining bricks down time this sort of media over hyping everything was stopped 

The problem in America is that people are denied three dimensional news reporting. There is no such thing as impartial news in the main stream. Radio stations, TV stations and newspapers are all bought and paid for by sponsorship and advertising.

All civic roles including the police and judges are either elected or political appointments 

1 minute ago, henry d said:

I heard a rumour, just a rumour mind don't go flaming me, that the storming of the senate was really an attempt by the village people to promote their latest album...

80142414.jpeg.96f355e2c32ce156afdaf17b77fc38f4.jpeg

I think they have let themselves go, might need to tidy up their act a bit

😂😂😂😂😂

1 hour ago, henry d said:

I heard a rumour, just a rumour mind don't go flaming me, that the storming of the senate was really an attempt by the village people to promote their latest album...

80142414.jpeg.96f355e2c32ce156afdaf17b77fc38f4.jpeg

I think they have let themselves go, might need to tidy up their act a bit

Nice to see Mr Tumnus there along with all the other fraggles from the back of the wardrobe.

a4fd2f28058ab9469d8487a78da96097.jpg

This is a low point in Trump's career. I thought in some respects he was a breath of fresh air and what politics needed. We have gone way past that now. He appears deranged.

Whilst people have died, which is very serious, idiots like Macron line up to put the boot in, without putting their own glass house in order. Macron has riots on his hands - Police fighting with Firemen - does nothing. The UK had statues torn down, roads blocked by Extinction rebellion and anti-lockdown protesters. Mob rule seems to be on the increase.