Dishwasher error help

djrwood

I’ve searched for the answer on the net without success so thought I would put to the pigeon watch masses.

My dishwasher (not the wife, the electric one) keeps on getting an e4 error message. This is resolved by disconnecting it, tipping it up 45 degrees to drain the water and then reconnecting. It works fine for around 5-10 washes and then the same error occurs. Getting sick of pulling it out and the mucky water. Any ideas how I can stop this from happening so regularly? It’s worked fine for the last two years 

Any help appreciated.

Dan

Your Mrs should be able to sort it out, after all its her department surely. 

I really cant understand why your not sorting out the shooting cupboard while she's sorting out the dishwasher. 

What make is it ? 

Most error 4 seems to be water supply issues on Samsung, bent feed pipe maybe but it would have to be moved to create this i suppose ? 

Edited by Dougy

As a last-ditch attempt if nothing else works, maybe half a cupful of caustic soda chucked in there and rinsed through on cool (hot will fizz it all off too quickly and may have dramatic side effects).  It will certainly eat up any gunk blocking things if that's the problem, but you don't know if it would knacker anything else like internal surfaces or more likely seals, o-rings etc.  As I said, absolute last ditch if the only other thing you'd do is chuck it in a skip.

Most proprietary oven cleaners are based on caustic soda (sodium hydroxide) if you're struggling for a source of it.

Edited by Jim Neal

12 hours ago, Jim Neal said:

As a last-ditch attempt if nothing else works, maybe half a cupful of caustic soda chucked in there and rinsed through on cool (hot will fizz it all off too quickly and may have dramatic side effects).  It will certainly eat up any gunk blocking things if that's the problem, but you don't know if it would knacker anything else like internal surfaces or more likely seals, o-rings etc.  As I said, absolute last ditch if the only other thing you'd do is chuck it in a skip.

Most proprietary oven cleaners are based on caustic soda (sodium hydroxide) if you're struggling for a source of it.

Soda Crystals are good for removing gunk etc from sinks, so maybe it could work in a dishwasher. In work, the staff use dishwasher 'salt' to clean it out occasionally.