Scopemate NVS30

steve_b_wales

Hello steve, hope your both doing well now, these were discussed on the UK airgun forum yesterday, and the video, although no mention of a UK supplier, look on here, www.haweltech.com, the Chinese factory, ? How the chap on video got one 🤔 some one in UK must be in touch with the above factory, have you looked on Aliexpress or Alibaba, ?  I do like the other model more 007 pard ?Cheers

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

5 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello steve, hope your both doing well now, these were discussed on the UK airgun forum yesterday, and the video, although no mention of a UK supplier, look on here, www.haweltech.com, the Chinese factory, ? How the chap on video got one 🤔 some one in UK must be in touch with the above factory, have you looked on Aliexpress or Alibaba, ?  I do like the other model more 007 pard ?Cheers

Hello, you could try email the company sales@haweltech.com

10 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Sent mail reference UK supplier or where to purchase, bearing in mind the new Uk rules and costs of imports, 

Hello, just had reply, only sold on Aliexpress under  Howel  ScopeMate,  until have UK supplier, that one show on video, £218 via their on line shop, 

33 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, just had reply, only sold on Aliexpress under  Howel  ScopeMate,  until have UK supplier, that one show on video, £218 via their on line shop, 

Thanks Gordon. They look okay, especially for the price. I think that if I didn't already have a PARD 007 (which I haven't even used yet!) I would consider buying one.

I'll pass on all details to my mate and he can chase it up.

38 minutes ago, Demonic69 said:

Thanks. 

My advice is take it with a large pinch of salt. Most people in the west who tried one of the PARD spotters could not focus their eyes to the screen until an additional lens was fitted in front of the screen: that is because it worked fine for the Chinese who devised it but it turns out their eyes can focus closer than ours - don't ask me how because I don't know. 

What I can say from experience which I show in a video below, is that we need to look at a screen that is about our normal reading distance from our eyes - how close you comfortably can read the ingredients on say a tin of soup is how close your eyes would ideally be from a screen that doesn't have an adjustable dioptre lens in front of it. That distance is 10 to 12 inches for my eyes and may differ a little for most other westerners.

I often tried focusing the crosshair on the target with the monitor on the camera carrying tube but always found it much much better for my eyes to shift the monitor to the scope tube in front of the scope turrets. During my experiments about five years ago I also tried it on the closer section of scope tube before concluding the longer distance was better. A youngster might fare better at closer distances.

Draw your own conclusions but keep in mind the chap who did the review did not show how he held or supported his rifle when shooting it. I surmise the rifle will have been on a bipod while his head was behind the entire butt. I suggest its unlikely anyone in the west could focus on a target while the rifle is shouldered.

I have retired from building such rigs now.

Edited by Dave-G

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

14 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

There's another one, similar to a PARD 007, that will be on the market soon, I believe, called a Megaorei 3

Simple fact is , I dont know a single person thats tested one , or is planning to buy one to test, and theres a good reason for that, the price.
£218 plus delivery and import duty, youll be looking at £300.

They are not cheap enough to risk an inferior product than the Pard, are they inferior ? Probably, maybe?
The specs sheet on them confirms lower resolution screens, cameras a mystery, the design is just a straight rip off of the 007, but thats Chinese 'ingenuity ' for you.
Buy one if you must , but prepare for disappointment if you do.

• 8 months later...
On 07/01/2021 at 10:12, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, you could try email the company sales@haweltech.com

Email the company at the above  you will speak to Andy very helpful agree a price delivery is around 2 weeks.

i found the Nvs 30 very good indeed after watching the "foxers" review on you tube and fancied it so bought one loved it  works well on rat with built in ir  and rabbits up to 45 yds  with external t20 ir using sub 12 air rifle.

However for your info lookout for the  scopemate NVS 90

again youtube for reviews 

It will render the nvs 30 redundant

Its a very good new model.

I have one ...not quite as good as the pard 007a (I have one also)

But almost as good for around 

£260.

Hope this helps 

Cheers good luck 

23 hours ago, KT day and night shooting said:

Email the company at the above  you will speak to Andy very helpful agree a price delivery is around 2 weeks.

i found the Nvs 30 very good indeed after watching the "foxers" review on you tube and fancied it so bought one loved it  works well on rat with built in ir  and rabbits up to 45 yds  with external t20 ir using sub 12 air rifle.

However for your info lookout for the  scopemate NVS 90

again youtube for reviews 

It will render the nvs 30 redundant

Its a very good new model.

I have one ...not quite as good as the pard 007a (I have one also)

But almost as good for around 

£260.

Hope this helps 

Cheers good luck 

Hello, cheers for that, I could not get on with the pard 007, now finding my old Photon a bit to much trying to get a good eye relief , I wonder if the NVS 20 might be better although I tried a screen type add on many years ago and did not bode well, this NVS 20 looks far better than the latter, am only rat shooting to 20 yards but will these do 200 yard like in the specifications, I could use on the 22 L/R 

• 1 year later...

Hello, resurrecting this thread as I was thinking on my 22 P15 ratting this winter, once it gets dark around 4/5 pm , the P15 is very light so I can look at a scope add on, photon XT, Sytong HT 60 which I already have, it only for occasional  use that is why I think a scopemate NVS 20 on my Hawke S/F , so any PW member use this set up ??,