BASC calls for voluntary restraint of shooting of wildfowl in Scotland

Docleo

Scotland is a big place, most of the coastal and low areas have not been frozen up or snowed over continuously for a week.

The wildfowl are not in the mountains and centre of the country where it is frozen.

A thaw has also set in last night and to continue for at least next 10 days.

4 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

Scotland is a big place, most of the coastal and low areas have not been frozen up or snowed over continuously for a week.

The wildfowl are not in the mountains and centre of the country where it is frozen.

A thaw has also set in last night and to continue for at least next 10 days.

no snow in the far north , I will keep going unless the weather changed for the worst . 

On 07/01/2021 at 13:48, Stonepark said:

Green fields and 1000 pinks in field about Mile from the house, was watching them all arrive this morning when walking the dog.

I was shooting geese on Saturday ( in fife ) they were coming in when we were setting desks up we shot 4/5 each and stopped the y were landing at desks as we were lifting them some seemed quite thin 

1 minute ago, shakin stevens said:

Wildfowl cold weather ban starts this Friday 15th January for scotland , look for updates on basc . 

We haven't had the weather as cold as you boys have had up North , but I noticed this morning the amount of duck that were swimming within gunshot around the estuary wall, although most , if not all the rivers , Broads and dykes are now open water .

Been freezing in Inverness since 30th Dec I think, bar one day.   We also have the snow back, 3 or 4 inches covering the fields.  Saw a bunch of pinks in a snow covered field, looked a tough job getting much to eat.

Shot my last pink on Saturday just gone and it was fit enough as were a few pigeons but will probably leave them alone until a thaw now.

Tonight I have a woodcock on the front lawn, it’s trying to dig worms on the green strips that have been revealed where the kids rolled up big snowballs to build a snowman.  Would love to feed it something as it looked like it was struggling.   Also put one up by accident while out on Saturday, it flew away quite weakly.