RFD TRANSFER

gustav

Could someone clarify the position re RFDs. I don't se a problem with couriers transferring guns between RFDs, but someone has to take a gun to the RFD and someone has to collect it from the RFD at the other end. Neither of those journeys qualifies as essential.

My RFD is in Sheffield, he does click and collect during lockdown, specific time by appointment only.

However its unlikely he will allow you to collect a gun as unless you have a good reason its non essential. All gun sales by law have to reported to the Police.

I obviously can't speak for him its just going on the past as he's very keen to stay strictly inside the law. If you want to PM me I'll give you his mobile number.  

37 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

Could someone clarify the position re RFDs. I don't se a problem with couriers transferring guns between RFDs, but someone has to take a gun to the RFD and someone has to collect it from the RFD at the other end. Neither of those journeys qualifies as essential.

Surely it depends on whether those taking it are doing it for the purposes of a business or as an individual

Surely it will be up to the individual delivering and collecting the firearm to the RFDs to decide if the journey is essential, many reasons why it may be considered essential, the person selling may have lost their job and be in urgent need of the money then the person collecting may be unable to work from home and their journey to or from work passes the RFD they are collecting from.

Given RFDs can operate click and collect cannot see how it is their responsibility to police the actions of the private individuals involved in the buying and selling. The RFDs probably also need the income from such transfers.

Edited by rbrowning2

27 minutes ago, Modafinale said:

It all goes wrong when you let the police know what you have bought. Derbyshire where sending out letters to people on the first lockdown for doing transfers 

However their was no click and collect for non-essential businesses in the first lockdown.

pellpax are still delivering guns direct to customers front door.

Edited by rbrowning2

From personal experience in the first lockdown I was told my my FLO if I transferred a firearm I would be getting a warning letter from his manager, 

he said it would go along the line of if I had ignored the government statements to stay at home was I a suitable person to own firearms.

I choose to wait, your all grown ups and make your own decisions 👍🏻

Given non essential shops are allowed to operate by click and collect it followed that people must be allowed to visit the shop to complete the click and collect process, within a sensible local distance, otherwise why allow click and collect.

FEO is not their to enforce the COVID legislation, hell most forces are not even able to do what they should be doing processing new applications and variations.