Benelli M2 chokes

Philip16storm

Hi all, I have just bought a second hand M2, I have ordered a teague choke which has arrived problem is that it doesn't thread in all the way! The thread on the gun is right at the end of the barrel and doesn't let the shank of the choke in, it should only leave the chequered extension piece out shouldnt it? I have measured it and the inner end of the choke does reach the stop in the barrel, is there only one type of choke for the m2? Any help appreciated

If it’s up tight against the rebate inside the barrel, and there is no lip or ridge, then it’s good to go as far as I’m aware. 
Have just had a look at my M1. It is fitted with Briley Spectrum extended chokes, and when fastened up tight there is about a gap of about between 1 to 2mm between the muzzle and the knurled part of the choke. 

Edited by Scully

It's Optima choked, my Supersport uses the same chokes. Only thing to watch for is Optima bored Beretta barrels are back bored/overbored, the Benelli is not and uses the nominal bore measurements.

This makes a Beretta choke not the same in a Benelli, use 1/2 Beretta choke is near 1/4 choke in a Benelli. Worth checking your M2 proof measurement on the barrel before ordering chokes.

Edited by figgy

13 minutes ago, figgy said:

👍 Benelli Crio and Beretta Optima are the same.

Benelli Crio Plus and Beretta Optima Plus are the same.

Pinched off the web it will help.

ChokeID_Ber_Ben.jpg

Thanks. That would have come in handy when I was searching for aftermarket chokes for my M1. I’d looked on the Benelli site and couldn’t find what I was looking for, but the Briley site explained them clearly, then I bought some off a mate who is selling his Beretta. 

Makes no difference if they're for Beretta Optima bore Scully they don't coincide with Benelli measurements.

The two guns bores differ by between.3 & .4mm with a qaurter of choke being .25mm at .4 it's near half a choke difference.

Even though they fit just adjust your choice to suit.

1 hour ago, figgy said:

Makes no difference if they're for Beretta Optima bore Scully they don't coincide with Benelli measurements.

The two guns bores differ by between.3 & .4mm with a qaurter of choke being .25mm at .4 it's near half a choke difference.

Even though they fit just adjust your choice to suit.

Thanks. I’m not sure it will make much difference to my shooting; I can miss just as well with skeet as I can with full. 🙂