Stealth nets

paul hart

• 1 month later...

A good offer but I prefer either 4 or 5 metre nets to make a good wrap around hide.

I did have one of the black lined stealth nets but it got ripped up in brambles, the inner mesh seemed very susceptible to any snags and would tear very easily.

Now I just double up on side nets with a single over the top if I'm after crows. 

4 hours ago, lakeside1000 said:

A good offer but I prefer either 4 or 5 metre nets to make a good wrap around hide.

I did have one of the black lined stealth nets but it got ripped up in brambles, the inner mesh seemed very susceptible to any snags and would tear very easily.

Now I just double up on side nets with a single over the top if I'm after crows. 

Well Paul does have 5 metre nets, I bought some from him when this flood sale started.

Never had a problem with any of my stealth nets on brambles.

On 20/02/2021 at 14:11, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Well Paul does have 5 metre nets, I bought some from him when this flood sale started.

Never had a problem with any of my stealth nets on brambles.

My missus always say's I am like a bull in a china shop, no patience so probably why they get all ripped up as I cannot be bothered trying to unhook them. 

Im sure they are good value for the money, I have collected a huge bag full of nets over the years, obviously I have my favourites, but even the rough ones get some use, I even glued one to the outside of my fishing brolly so now it looks like a big bush when I put it up and I don't need to cover it separately .

18 minutes ago, JDog said:

Catchy name, catchy by nature. I don't rate them as they tear too easily.

i have stealth nets.(the one with a black see thro net liner)...........they are very robust and in the years ive had them have never torn them....they are jack Pyke i think

I agree with the ones that say they rip far to easily , setting up near a bramble bush you can bet a pound to a penny you will catch one of the branches and like Alan ( Lakeside ) actions , I tend to use brute force rather than try to be gentle and ease the net and the snag apart .

I would also recommend buying the 5mt rather than the 3mt length and not bother with the clear stealth net as it is next to useless , two or three ply are fine and if you are going to buy two nets then buy them in different shades , although by putting two on top of each other I don't think it make that much difference in what shade you use , the one big advantage is the weight , you can easily put two 5mt nets in a sack and the weight is no problem , two nets will cover most situations and for the price it won't break the bank if you do get a hole in one of them and end up having to spend a few bob to replace it .

Yes they snag but in every other area they are so much better than the old net ones. I had my old net one for 20 years before giving up the ghost on it a couple of seasons ago. Used to transport it in a rubble bag with a few branches and barbed wire still caught up in it. The stealth ones just rip if caught rather than snag and can be repaired with small zip ties. My new ones are the same as those above apart from 1.5x6m and in harvest. They are a revelation. We use a lightweight net over draped low at the front when making a big hide. It’s much more concealed to the human eye but I’m not convinced the pigeons notice the difference. 

Edited by WalkedUp

31 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Yes they snag but in every other area they are so much better than the old net ones. I had my old net one for 20 years before giving up the ghost on it a couple of seasons ago. Used to transport it in a rubble bag with a few branches and barbed wire still caught up in it. The stealth ones just rip if caught rather than snag and can be repaired with small zip ties. My new ones are the same as those above apart from 1.5x6m and in harvest. They are a revelation. We use a lightweight net over draped low at the front when making a big hide. It’s much more concealed to the human eye but I’m not convinced the pigeons notice the difference. 

Yes I fully agree , nothing we use is 100% perfect and I can easily put up with the odd tear as two nets on top of each other would make the odd hole obscure , we have come a long , long way from the ex army sack and scrim nets that we bought from the back pages of The Shooting Times , these were the only ones available at a reasonable price so you couldn't compare them with other nets , the ones we used to get came in a big bundle and must had been about 12ft x 12ft , and I well remember hanging one up on the linin line and cutting it down the middle to make two nets , when they got wet they weighed a Norfolk ton and could well be the culprit for my later on in life dodgy back :lol: