Movie Mistakes.

fatchap

Being off work at the moment, I am being subjected to some seriously dire films that the wife seems to think are brilliant. One is Withnail and I. a "comedy" set in 1969 staring Richard E Grant. I pointed out to the wife if its set in 1969, then why is there a sign post for the M25 clearly in shot when the M25 was built in the 80's opened I beleive 1985?

Another of her favourites is The Parent Trap, the remake not the one with Haley Mills, watched this again last night, and she said if I mention the moving cowboy hat she will kill me. There is a scene where a young Lindsey Lohan is sitting on the sofa talking to her dad. on the sofa also is a cowboy hat that moves about all over the sofa in different shots.

You also have a Passenger Jet flying over in Gladiator. A Landrover at the beginning of Lord of the Rings and best of all the self repairing Porsche in Commando.

Anyone got a movie mistake that ruins the film?

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Dougy said:

One that always got me as a kid was Windy Millers windmill would turn but no obvious wind. 😃

Also how did Barney Mcgrew the driver of the fire engine drive it when he always had his eyes closed?😁

To be honest if I remember he didn't have any eyes

Edited by fatchap

1 minute ago, fatchap said:

Granted but the gigantic shadow of the plane cast on the roof tops of the town, clearly. showing it to be a model is unforgivable.

Oh I quite agree, there are loads of mistakes in modern films.

Back then people were just happy to see moving pictures with sound.

Mistakes with guns is always a good one. Some hand guns have unlimited bullets. And the side by side shotgun scene in the first Harry Potter where hagred bends the barrels upwards yet it still fires without blowing the blokes face off. But it blows two holes in the ceiling but only fires once.

Edited by fatchap

1 hour ago, oscarsdad said:

In the Italian job the minis in the tunnel have lightbars, then they don’t! 

Filmed in a newly built unused Coventry sewer too.

41 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Mistakes with guns is always a good one. Some hand guns have unlimited bullets. And the side by side shotgun scene in the first Harry Potter where hagred bends the barrels upwards yet it still fires without blowing the blokes face off. But it blows two holes in the ceiling but only fires once.

How about semi auto pistols - colt 1911"s uncocked being held to someones head as a threat.

5 minutes ago, bavarianbrit said:

Filmed in a newly built unused Coventry sewer too.

That I did not know and worked the area on police motor cycle patrol about then.  It never ceases to amaze me what you can learn on this forum.

I remember having a chuckle when the guy was laid under the rear of a jacked up mini mending/adjusting the rear axle/diff.

Edited by Walker570

2 hours ago, fatchap said:

Being off work at the moment, I am being subjected to some seriously dire films that the wife seems to think are brilliant. One is Withnail and I. a "comedy" set in 1969 staring Richard E Grant. I pointed out to the wife if its set in 1969, then why is there a sign post for the M25 clearly in shot when the M25 was built in the 80's opened I beleive 1985?

Another of her favourites is The Parent Trap, the remake not the one with Haley Mills, watched this again last night, and she said if I mention the moving cowboy hat she will kill me. There is a scene where a young Lindsey Lohan is sitting on the sofa talking to her dad. on the sofa also is a cowboy hat that moves about all over the sofa in different shots.

You also have a Passenger Jet flying over in Gladiator. A Landrover at the beginning of Lord of the Rings and best of all the self repairing Porsche in Commando.

Anyone got a movie mistake that ruins the film?

Clearly your wife is a discerning lady of taste of humour. Yourself, not so much.

1 minute ago, Ultrastu said:

Storm trooper banging his head on a door in starwars .

They decided to leave that in the film because George Lucas thought it was funny even though it wasn't meant to happen. Watched the making of it years ago. They wanted to edit it out but Lucas said no.

I have tried to find this mistake but They must have got rid of it. Pirates of the Caribbean at the end of the film there is supposed to be a crew member in a T-shirt and hat sitting on the deck. I have watched the film a few times and can't find it.

Batman Begins. The critical factor in the film is that there's this machine that instantly turns water into steam, thus blowing all the waterpipes as the device is left running and travelling over the watermains on the monorail.

Weirdly though, although it can turn the water into steam that's in a pipe, under a monorail, whilst the machine is in a carriage, being driven speed, it can't turn the do the same to the water in the human bodies of the fellows standing next to said magic machine - one of whom is Batman.

1 minute ago, CaptC said:

This is not film related so an apology - Hugh Fearnley - Whittingstall is seen out with his chums rough shooting for the Christmas pot. He is using a Beretta O/U but in the next part he has a S/S. Continuity missing!

Think it was River Cottage. He and his Landlord are shooting pigeons or doves off of a roof. I thought they where using air rifles but turns out they where .22 rimfire. Pretty sure firing one of those into the air with no feasible backstop is quite a big mistake. At the range they where shooting I'm pretty sure that bullet passed through that pigeon and carried on and on and on.