Movie Mistakes.

fatchap

11 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Think it was River Cottage. He and his Landlord are shooting pigeons or doves off of a roof. I thought they where using air rifles but turns out they where .22 rimfire. Pretty sure firing one of those into the air with no feasible backstop is quite a big mistake. At the range they where shooting I'm pretty sure that bullet passed through that pigeon and carried on and on and on.

Aah, but his landlord was a landed gentleman who obviously owned a piece of England way, way bigger than the fall-out area of a mere rimfire....

What about the continuity on those so-called "survival" programmes set in Alaska et al? Hilarious! The dog-teams seamlessly increase and diminish in number, the snow machines change colour, and the guns go rimfire / fullbore / bolt / semi / shotgun in chaotic fashion, all within one scene.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, aldivalloch said:

Aah, but his landlord was a landed gentleman who obviously owned a piece of England way, way bigger than the fall-out area of a mere rimfire....

What about the continuity on those so-called "survival" programmes set in Alaska et al? Hilarious! The dog-teams seamlessly increase and diminish in number, the snow machines change colour, and the guns go rimfire / fullbore / bolt / semi / shotgun in chaotic fashion, all within one scene.

Agreed, Top Gear North Pole Special, the wheels of the Navara they are driving change quite a few times throughout the episode.

1 minute ago, fatchap said:

Agreed, Top Gear North Pole Special, the wheels of the Navara they are driving change quite a few times throughout the episode.

That's right! I derive a strange enjoyment from spotting these bloopers - and from counting how often dim-witted influencers and "celebrities" can squeeze "amazing" into one sentence.

Drives Mrs Aldivalloch crackers, though (added bonus).

26 minutes ago, fatchap said:

Think it was River Cottage. He and his Landlord are shooting pigeons or doves off of a roof. I thought they where using air rifles but turns out they where .22 rimfire. Pretty sure firing one of those into the air with no feasible backstop is quite a big mistake. At the range they where shooting I'm pretty sure that bullet passed through that pigeon and carried on and on and on.

I noticed that too back when it originally aired. Must be 18 odd years ago. I assume it was dust shot loaded into .22LR?

Transit van in the background of a battle in Braveheart.

Zulus wearing Casio watches in Zulu (many of the extras were paid with them).

Bruce Willis’ t-shirt changing colour in Die Hard!

In the Godfather (greatest movie of all time) when Sonny beats up Carlo for beating his sister he throws a couple of punches with the camera in the wrong angle and misses by a mile. Makes me cringe every time!

In Titanic the ship sails off with steam coming out of all exhausts but actually one of the funnels was an intake.

Any late 1800/early 1900 scene with migrants sailing past the Statue of Liberty where it is green... it should be copper coloured.

Edited by Munzy

Any film featuring motorcycles, where inevitably the exhaust note is wrong (usually dubbed Harley noise, whether or not the bike is a British twin or even a two stroke)

and, of course, Steve McQueen attempting to escape captivity on a post-war Triumph twin.

Just remembered! In Indiana Jones first movie, in the Arab market a truck overturns and then sets on fire, but as it does you can clearly see the ram which caused it to turn over! Have seen this film several times, but just noticed it for the first time over Christmas. 🙂

4 minutes ago, kennett said:

Not sure if its a mistake as such, but the tribe being fought at the start of Gladiator have the same war cry as the Zulus.

Very much deliberate, if you’ve never heard of the Wilhelm Scream look it up - dubbing mixers love to use sound from something else as an inside joke, the Zulu chant has been used a few time but Wilhelm scream became so ubiquitous that they killed the joke, it’s literally in hundreds of movies

Alien the first one John Hurt is the first to cop a face hugger, when he first looks at the egg he has his space helmet on and you can see he has a cap thing over his head inside. When you next see him lying on the bench with the face hugger attached to his face they cut the helmet off but how did they get the cap off?

Star Wars. in The first one which is technically the 4th Obi Wan kenobi does not recognise R2 D2 or C3PO. But from the first 3 newer films he should have done, if you get what I mean????

Edited by fatchap

12 hours ago, Munzy said:

Zulus wearing Casio watches in Zulu (many of the extras were paid with them).

There are loads in Zulu.  Rubber spears bending 90 degrees in the singing scene as the zulus bang them on their shields, all the NCOs rank insignia on one arm only, CSgt Bourne wearing the rank of an ordinary sergeant.

This scene where they switch from Martini Henry rifles to Lee Metfords because they had ran out of blanks for the Martinis. 

QE5DLW10OZBQ5WHMLQG8.jpg