Movie Mistakes.

fatchap

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, henry d said:

Just watching pulp fiction, restaurant scene. Cigarette zips from hand to hand and then disappears when Vincent rolls one.

I love Pulp Fiction. Can’t rewatch films though, I can generally remember them word for word even years later and instantly lose my suspension of disbelief in the first few minutes and then start seeing it as a production rather than being engrossed in the story. You can never step in the same river twice. 

12 hours ago, WalkedUp said:

I love Pulp Fiction. Can’t rewatch films though, I can generally remember them word for word even years later and instantly lose my suspension of disbelief in the first few minutes and then start seeing it as a production rather than being engrossed in the story. You can never step in the same river twice. 

First time I saw pulp fiction I had to have Vincent’s Malibu. The very next day I tracked one down.  

855EB0E3-1B3F-4E90-BA94-15C85DA1570A.jpeg

2BAEBBC6-E20D-4240-8CA6-E8E6DAFFBF4E.jpeg

CD459FD3-7465-4EBB-B88F-39DEEF4370A0.jpeg

F824A605-06DA-45B6-A1FD-CFB0958BAB87.jpeg

CA16FCFC-4B90-420D-BB71-1A21AE11A46C.jpeg

I used to drive around pretending as was on heroine.  

D9191CA7-14A4-4F37-AB9C-347AAB621857.jpeg

F98A73E5-7725-4B84-BA7F-642C6E55EDF1.jpeg

On 08/01/2021 at 15:42, fatchap said:

All of the special effects in Battle of Britain.

My pal and I were very nearly extras in `Battle of Britain` 

We went to Hawkinge airfield where some of it was being filmed (1969 I think) and told to return the next day with our hair cut short back and sides and we would receive £2 per day. It was trendy in those days to have long hair so we decided against it.

Remember watching a scene where a `cardboard` plane was on fire and the lovely Susanna York was walking away from it. I will remember her lovely blue eyes always. Also remember seeing who I now know as Ian McShane (Lovejoy) as he was the shortest among all the other actors. There were many other well known actors there but I didn`t know who they were at the time, or particularly cared !

When watching the film, there was a shot of airmen entering The Jackdaw pub at Denton (near Folkestone) and in clear view was a very modern doorbell at the side of the door.

In contrast, we were on holiday on Kefalonia whilst they were making Captain Corelli`s Mandolin and the effects were fantastic. I got talking to a couple guys who were painting some boarding around a building (it was surrounding a small hotel) and in the film was the town hall. Also a row of army lorries painted on shuttering board. They looked absolutely realistic in the film. These scenery effects have clearly come a long way since the earlier films.

OB

On 10/01/2021 at 12:11, Old Boggy said:

My pal and I were very nearly extras in `Battle of Britain` 

We went to Hawkinge airfield where some of it was being filmed (1969 I think) and told to return the next day with our hair cut short back and sides and we would receive £2 per day. It was trendy in those days to have long hair so we decided against it.

Remember watching a scene where a `cardboard` plane was on fire and the lovely Susanna York was walking away from it. I will remember her lovely blue eyes always. Also remember seeing who I now know as Ian McShane (Lovejoy) as he was the shortest among all the other actors. There were many other well known actors there but I didn`t know who they were at the time, or particularly cared !

When watching the film, there was a shot of airmen entering The Jackdaw pub at Denton (near Folkestone) and in clear view was a very modern doorbell at the side of the door.

In contrast, we were on holiday on Kefalonia whilst they were making Captain Corelli`s Mandolin and the effects were fantastic. I got talking to a couple guys who were painting some boarding around a building (it was surrounding a small hotel) and in the film was the town hall. Also a row of army lorries painted on shuttering board. They looked absolutely realistic in the film. These scenery effects have clearly come a long way since the earlier films.

OB

My dad was a fireman on the RAF groundcrew for the Lancs when they filmed Dambusters.

Edit to clarify he was actual ground crew, not an actor portraying them.

10 hours ago, Zapp said:

My dad was a fireman on the RAF groundcrew for the Lancs when they filmed Dambusters.

Edit to clarify he was actual ground crew, not an actor portraying them.

I live not far from where Barnes Wallis tested his bouncing bomb off Reculver (North Kent coast). The military took over a nearby house and mill from a pal of my Dad’s to house BW for the duration. A few years ago I remember seeing one of the trial bombs (a large canister filled with concrete)out in the mud on a very low spring tide. It was recovered and is now in a local museum.

OB