Movie Mistakes.

fatchap

Like him or loathe him - but Tom Cruise is one of my favorite actors. I actually own a set of wheels from The Edge of Tomorrow. It wasn't planned - I just bought a spare set for winter tires that matched the ones my car came with off ebay. It was only picking them up that I found out they were from the film and was shown some set footage off his phone - this was 2013 and the film wasn't released until 2014. There is a point when a Jag crashes into a "suited" soldier and if you pause it you can see the Jag (which is a pre-facelift model with frog eyes) had Lyra alloys fitted which were only available on facelift models.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, discobob said:

Like him or loathe him - but Tom Cruise is one of my favorite actors. I actually own a set of wheels from The Edge of Tomorrow. It wasn't planned - I just bought a spare set for winter tires that matched the ones my car came with off ebay. It was only picking them up that I found out they were from the film and was shown some set footage off his phone - this was 2013 and the film wasn't released until 2014. There is a point when a Jag crashes into a "suited" soldier and if you pause it you can see the Jag (which is a pre-facelift model with frog eyes) had Lyra alloys fitted which were only available on facelift models.

Anorak alert!!!!!!!!!:w00t:

On 13/01/2021 at 10:31, Old Boggy said:

I live not far from where Barnes Wallis tested his bouncing bomb off Reculver (North Kent coast). The military took over a nearby house and mill from a pal of my Dad’s to house BW for the duration. A few years ago I remember seeing one of the trial bombs (a large canister filled with concrete)out in the mud on a very low spring tide. It was recovered and is now in a local museum.

OB

I shot a goose there on a clear January day around 2000 and an anti came rushing over in her fleece jacket and asked me "how can you kill a goose on such a wonderful day?" I replied "sorry, can I only shoot them when the weather is bad?"

Watched 1917 on my phone on Friday night. I’m not a gun nut but after loading his Lee Enfield with a single stripper clip at the start of the film (the entire film is a single shot) he never needs to reload despite numerous engagements. Also, very sportingly he carries his rifle unloaded during battle, as every time he has a German in his sights he racks the bolt to take the first shot. 

17 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Watched 1917 on my phone on Friday night. I’m not a gun nut but after loading his Lee Enfield with a single stripper clip at the start of the film (the entire film is a single shot) he never needs to reload despite numerous engagements. Also, very sportingly he carries his rifle unloaded during battle, as every time he has a German in his sights he racks the bolt to take the first shot. 

There are one or two films where someone is being threatened with a pump action. For dramatic effect they rack the action, So I assume it's now loaded and wasn't before. I can stomach that. But then as the tension builds they rack it again... No cartridge is ejected. 

Also. On any film where they pull out a fancy sniper rifle to pull of a mile and a half shot, why is the scope always something out of a christmas cracker? 

23 minutes ago, ClemFandango said:

There are one or two films where someone is being threatened with a pump action. For dramatic effect they rack the action, So I assume it's now loaded and wasn't before. I can stomach that. But then as the tension builds they rack it again... No cartridge is ejected. 

Also. On any film where they pull out a fancy sniper rifle to pull of a mile and a half shot, why is the scope always something out of a christmas cracker? 

And when the camera shows the view through the scope the victim’s head fills the object glass.

You lot have got me at it now. I noticed in an episode of ‘Death in Paradise’ the characters set off in a Land Rover with steel wheels and when it pulled up it had alloys.

29 minutes ago, London Best said:

And when the camera shows the view through the scope the victim’s head fills the object glass.

You lot have got me at it now. I noticed in an episode of ‘Death in Paradise’ the characters set off in a Land Rover with steel wheels and when it pulled up it had alloys.

The first one probably broke down between shots! 😀