Cost of being compos mentis

aldivalloch

Well, my Renewal Notification has just arrived and, for the first time, I've been instructed to arrange for a GP's Report.

I rang my medical practice this morning, and the very helpful receptionist advised me how to get the proforma to her for completion. She'd obvously been through it all before. And then she added that there would be "a fee". Fifty pounds. Fifty pounds for something that will be dealt with there and then, and will only take a couple of minutes to complete.

I was speaking to our local Chief Inspector this afternoon and took the opportunity to ask him how much he thought it was going to cost me to be certified sane.

His reaction? "Oouuuch!!" I think he was genuinely surprised.

My doctor friend said he would do it FOC for me if I get my records. My records probably half a side of A4. Was born. A few broken bones. The end. I really want to know how much my practice would charge but at the same time it’s not worth rocking the boat, won’t even ask them just a random request for the records out of curiosity. 

3 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

My doctor friend said he would do it FOC for me if I get my records. My records probably half a side of A4. Was born. A few broken bones. The end. I really want to know how much my practice would charge but at the same time it’s not worth rocking the boat, won’t even ask them just a random request for the records out of curiosity. 

It’s all available via the NHS app so I don’t know why you can’t just submit that. What other information is your GP going to add? 

7 minutes ago, DUNKS said:

surely you are not suggesting that a member of the wonderful medical profession would rip off a patient. Heaven forbid.

It's the inconsistency that irritates me. Some Forces don't demand medical evidence, some do. Some GPs don't charge, others do (and royally!) I suspect that, were I to re-register with one of our several little rural practices, there would be no charge.

Unfortunately the practice I'm currently with is quite large and staffed by a seeming myriad of part-time GPs, with the result that a patient will seldom see the same doctor twice during one course of treatment.

I've been so little bother to the medical profession over my 65+ years that they've got precious little on record which could help them to judge whether I'm bonkers or not. That's something known only to the voices in my head........

29 minutes ago, AVB said:

The app that gives you access to book NHS appointments, view your medical history, view test results, request repeat prescriptions. Available via App Store 

F90A74FA-4792-481E-9319-777EA76D1285.png

“This is a summary of your health record. To view more detailed information here, such as test results and immunisations, contact your GP surgery to request access.”

Back to calling the GP then this time. 

13 hours ago, AVB said:

It’s all available via the NHS app so I don’t know why you can’t just submit that. What other information is your GP going to add? 

Because the FEO is not medical qualified, and no marker would be added to your medical records that you own firearms for ongoing monitoring of your medical suitability to own firearms.

£50 your lucky mine was twice that.
GP are businesses and the medical report is private work, rumour has it they are getting £10 per COVID vaccine jab they do.

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

“This is a summary of your health record. To view more detailed information here, such as test results and immunisations, contact your GP surgery to request access.”

Back to calling the GP then this time. 

Mine shows my test results and immunisation record. Even shows a record of me breaking my arm in 1968. 

32 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

Because the FEO is not medical qualified, and no marker would be added to your medical records that you own firearms for ongoing monitoring of your medical suitability to own firearms.

£50 your lucky mine was twice that.
GP are businesses and the medical report is private work, rumour has it they are getting £10 per COVID vaccine jab they do.

£12.75 for each covid jab. £22.75 for those in care homes! 

Edited by AVB

8 hours ago, AVB said:

Mine shows my test results and immunisation record. Even shows a record of me breaking my arm in 1968. 

£12.75 for each covid jab. £22.75 for those in care homes! 

That’s crazy you have at least one of the vaccine companies producing it for zero profit, why do GPs need extra money for doing what should be their job in the first place. The bill for this pandemic is going to take generations to be paid for.