N Ireland dog hunting ban

Have you folks over there seen this sneaking along ?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/bill-to-outlaw-hunting-with-dogs-in-northern-ireland-a-historic-opportunity-39898115.html

They plan to stop all sorts including even a gun dog hunting to close all the loop holes.

These nutters are pushing it as much as they can.

https://www.facebook.com/huntsabsireland/

There is a survey here

https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/7TSS3PF

I will be watching this closely, I would say northern ireland will fall into line with the rest of the UK and ban live fox hunts. I just hope they don't overdo it and go after gundogs too. There's a local alliance councillor in my area, think it's time I tried pestering him and see if he has ANY clue about the countryside

48 minutes ago, Scully said:

It often makes me wonder if the antis actually know the numbers of foxes killed must have increased since the hunting ban on the mainland came into being. An entire industry has been created regarding the shooting of foxes since then. 

Often wonder how the rural fox population survives on some places. When I started, it was a .22lr and lead acid battery. Now its thermal to spot, NV scope on top of a centrefire and all manner of expensive calls. 

Hunting with dogs is just so natural in any of its forms. It is part of country life and has been for god knows how long. Do these people want us to go all vegan and never an animal dies again. They really sicken me there views 

For example what planet is this person on. Just a complete fruit cake 

==================================

Unbelievable that this has been going on for years! In this day and age to hunt and kill innocent beings, that have as much a right to their lives as humans do, is nothing short of despicable, vile, and disgusting.
I sincerely hope that now that the word is out, something will be done about this hunting club. And all others with it. What kind of people think that hunting is a sport, to abuse, torture, and kill animals? Surely such people cannot be fit for decent society?
================================

14 hours ago, captainhastings said:

Hunting with dogs is just so natural in any of its forms. It is part of country life and has been for god knows how long. Do these people want us to go all vegan and never an animal dies again. They really sicken me there views 

For example what planet is this person on. Just a complete fruit cake 

==================================

Unbelievable that this has been going on for years! In this day and age to hunt and kill innocent beings, that have as much a right to their lives as humans do, is nothing short of despicable, vile, and disgusting.
I sincerely hope that now that the word is out, something will be done about this hunting club. And all others with it. What kind of people think that hunting is a sport, to abuse, torture, and kill animals? Surely such people cannot be fit for decent society?
================================

Would love to hear their opinions on slaughterhouse workers who can slay and flay a full grown cow in minutes, all day long.

When I come across them idiots I usually just ask them what they have had for dinner over this week and base my arguments from there

I often wish these loons would focus their efforts elsewhere....like perhaps caravan dwellers running their dogs on hares and deer illegally - which often leads to farmers having hare populations reduced to avoid having scumbags on their land. Stop the illegal running of dogs on hares and then a lot of farmers will leave hares alone and not have them shot. 

Edited by oscarsdad

36 minutes ago, millrace said:

Thing is its 1 of our local elected politicians who is behind it......

And he belongs to the chronic fence sitting woke party.

I think it's past the point of even trying to fight to keep hunting with hounds, it will go the same way as the UK I believe, what I want to ensure is that they don't go after gundogs or shooting as we all know it is going to be a lot different.