If you could only own one shotgun what would it be?

Shadowchaser

Imagine a world in which you could only own one shotgun, (terrible to think of I know). Which gun would you choose?

For this I'd suggest two scenarios: 

1. You have to choose a gun you currently own. In my case I'd have to pick my Beretta Upland. Can be used for everything from rough shooting to clays. Not too heavy and being a semi, soaks up most recoil and is an attractive looking gun. It may not be welcome on certain shoots but I could live with that. 

2. You can choose any gun with any budget. To be honest I'd still stick with the Upland. 

What would you go for and why? 

On the grounds that everyone is entitled to one mistake, why is it never possible to get this right on the second purchase? Although I have had a couple of good 'uns, it's taken me nigh on 55 years to get it right and the stupid thing is the actual one which is right was available back then. The Webley and Scott 12 bore 702 based on the Churchill XXV.

3 hours ago, Dave at kelton said:

My Charles Lancaster 3” chambered duck gun

81C98A27-0AA1-48C9-A0E5-E0D5A403B78A.jpeg

And don't you ever sell it or you'll have me to answer to.

I stupidly parted with my Charles Lancaster in 1972 to get one of the much hyped, hit anything you aimed at, highly fashionable over and under thingies.............regretted it every day since !. Stupid youthful folly in following fashion and believing all that is written. Thank the lord I didn't part with my W&S 700.

11 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

I stupidly parted with my Charles Lancaster in 1972 to get one of the much hyped, hit anything you aimed at, highly fashionable over and under thingies.............regretted it every day since !. Stupid youthful folly in following fashion and believing all that is written. Thank the lord I didn't part with my W&S 700.

Listen to this man. 
I never followed myself and I am so glad I didn’t.

48 minutes ago, CharlieT said:

I am fortunate to have enough to choose from, including those new fangled thingies. These Lancaster “wrist breakers” are underrated and have been underpriced for a long time.