If you could only own one shotgun what would it be?

Shadowchaser

I would never part with my Charles Lancaster but to have only one gun in would like some amendments to it.

It currently has 30' Damascus barrels with 2.5" chambers. If restricted to one gun I would like another set of barrels made for it of the same weight,balance etc but in steel and with 2.75" chambers. Don't want multi-chokes.Shoot all I want with imp cylinder and 1/4 but then again most of my shooting is woodcock and snipe shooting,not too many driven days in my diary.

It could prob do with a good service too.

It would be my semi auto Benelli SuperSport. Can do all the shooting I do.

If I had a choice of anything as a single gun, a multi barrel by one of the big makers with 12 & 20 bore barrels the 12 in 30" the 20 in 32" along with a pair of rifled barrels drilled in 243 and a set in large game caliber like .375 or .450. Covers everything I could want or need all on a fully fitted sidelock action with full spares. 

Edited by figgy

37 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

And will you wait another 7 years to get it fitted?

mmm, maybe I should explain. I had a gun fit at west London gun school, and bought a fully adjustable  gun, a browning ultra XS with a comb raiser and isis adjustable rear pad and set it up like the fit, shot it well, I wanted to "test" the dimensions to be sure , my plan was for my 50th to go to the Perazzi factory and get it all made for me  , but I found a P gun at Chris Potters that would have been my order bar the stock, we swapped the stock which didn't fit for a high grade stock which was bigger than my needs and had it reshaped for my measurements. However I feel the grip isn't quite right, my hands are big and it's still a stretch to the trigger, I could buy a Perazzi short trigger at £300 but the grip still isn't quite how I'd choose. Having shot several raised rib guns I find that I have a clearer picture and would consider building it into my money no object gun. I also stopped shooting for a few years so just come back to it,I did shoot my best score with it the other day so it's "right" just I have to live with some other stock owners choice

OK If I really had to choose it would be my Newley acquired muzzle loader. Come the revolution drop of black powder, handful of pebbles, bit of screwed up newspaper and away you go.

Seriously I have other "nice" guns but this one just has that something. Birmingham built in 1835ish. As good if not better metal to wood fit than any other gun I have seen and made with NO power tools at all. Not even any electrickery then either. Just candles and spirit lamps.

Son says its orgasmic but I have forgotten what that means. 

8 hours ago, Gordon R said:

Surprised your Gamba or a Winchester didn't get a mention. 😀

🙂I mulled over this for quite a while, and couldn’t decide which 101 ( the mint Field probably )  and the Gamba is far too nice and impractical for a lot of the shooting I do. I really miss the Model 12, which probably swayed my final choice. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry, I cant choose just 1, I’m a seasonal shooter/ drinker.

On a cold winters day I like today I like a nice pint of mild, a nice steady beer.  I like to shoot my MK70 a nice steady gun.

On a damp winters day doing walked up I like a nice nip of Drambui to warm up, I like to miss everything with my S/S which has a warming effect.

On a warm spring day I like a nice glass of red, a refined drink. When shooting clays I like to shoot my MK38, a nice refined gun.

On a hot summers day nothing beats a refreshing pint of cider, the strong, mad variety. I like to use my semi for every type of shooting in the summer for the same reason.

Edited by Taileron

I’ve barely even dipped a toe into the vast variety of guns available but out of the 4 in my cabinet if I was forced to choose one I’d keep the same gun in both scenarios because it covers everything I’d ever need to use it for.

Beretta a400 explor light 12g