problem with pard007 or scope

Martin4676

43 minutes ago, Martin4676 said:

hi I have a pard 007a and its attached to a hawke scope 4-12x40 when I sharpen the picture to a good clear image the cross hairs fade , so I have to sacrifice a good crisp pic to get the crosshairs to appear back. is the scope not good enough or am I doing something else wrong 

You should have a parallax adjustable scope for best performance. 

Hello, my friend and I each have a 007, both have Hawke scope, mine a S/F,  his is a parallax scope, yet he gets a better clarity on low mag and mine has to go on 6 mag to get the same, both scopes on infinity , it goes to show each scope is different so it's just a matter of finding a scope that suites your 007, 

Scopes need to PA down to about 10 yards because Infra Red light focuses closer than more visible wavelengths, especially important at close ranges.

If IR and visible light is present the camera will be trying to focus conflicting wavelengths - resulting in a fuzzy image.

I don't claim to know the exact science but its well known to be an issue on the NV forum.

Edited by Dave-G