Grandson

Centrepin

My 7 year old grandson has been asking to come along on live quarry. He shoots ok on clays.

Supervising him I didn't use a gun so wasn't shooting.

Started him on rats with the moderated  .410 this morning. He managed 4 shots. 1st was behind and blew its tail off. 2nd was full on and dead. Third and fourth were from behind and full into body. I was well chuffed.

I then showed him the benefits of recce.  I don't think he's convinced on that yet. 

Set up in a permanent hide for crows. Lots around today. He had a good chance and dropped one. One proud grandad. 

My son was shooting too. He had a couple of crows.

After that the land suddenly became alive with walkers, 1030 so we called it a day. 

I've added a couple of pictures, but his mum, my daughter, asked for his face covered in case of the anti brigade. He had enough trouble for having an empty case keyring on his bag at school. I know his finger's on the trigger in the first one, but he's still learning. 

20210110_164834.jpg

20210110_164722.jpg

2 minutes ago, clangerman said:

good on him days like that are what being grandad is all about you must be well pleased 

I can't stop smiling, I know how much he's enjoyed it. He's already planning his next outing.

He was so pleased he asked if he could wash the Rangey inside and out to say thank you.😃

22 minutes ago, bruno22rf said:

He had hassle for a having a cartridge keyring? I would have been up the school in a moment and demanded an explanation - would a Landrover keyring mean he was driving underage? Schools, and the majority of the female teachers in them, need to think before they act.

He made his own bag keyring from a used  .410 x 2" empty case. The school phoned my daughter to come and remove it from his bag. She wasn't very happy at all. She's also a shooter.

3 hours ago, Centrepin said:

He made his own bag keyring from a used  .410 x 2" empty case. The school phoned my daughter to come and remove it from his bag. She wasn't very happy at all. She's also a shooter.

They have no right whatsoever to demand such action - short minded half wit's. When I was a caretaker I used to drive a ride on mower that had a cup holder on the dash - I used to cut the bottom half off a beer can and place the top half in the holder - the amount of times I was reported was amazing, never stopped me doing it though.

13 hours ago, tonyshooter said:

Totally pleased for you.

His shot to kill average is excellant for a first outing on live quarry.

👍

10 hours ago, WelshAndy said:

Fantastic to see 👍🏻 How is the mod fitted to the 410?

Screwed onto the barrel about 4" down, I can put a picture of the fitting if you want?