Yukon photon xt can’t see anything

scarter

Hi there silly question

yukon photon xt.....new batteries in. 

tried it with the end cap on and off and tried the ir on all 3 settings(it is turning on as I can see red) . Adjusted the focus etc. I can see about a meter in front of me on the ground that’s it.any ideas?

thanks in advance. 

33 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, what do you mean by a Meter in front on the ground ? What is it like in daytime, cap on and I/R off ?

I can see fine in the daytime.

TooK it outside tonight , tried lens cap on and off. If i Start with the gun pointing at the floor in front of me slowly raising the gun I can only see a few meters in front of me. That’s trying all 3 ir settings 

the only thing i Can see Any furthers is lights on buildings 

6 minutes ago, scarter said:

I can see fine in the daytime.

TooK it outside tonight , tried lens cap on and off. If i Start with the gun pointing at the floor in front of me slowly raising the gun I can only see a few meters in front of me. That’s trying all 3 ir settings 

the only thing i Can see Any furthers is lights on buildings 

Hello, sounds like the on board I/R ? Do you have an I/R torch ?

6 minutes ago, scarter said:

No I haven’t , surely that’s all it can be , burnt out mayb? would Make sense 

I could hold my pard 007 up against it as it’s got it’s own ir and see 

Hello, it sounds like the on board I/R is faulty, or maybe not setting right and still on low beam but even then should do 50 yards, on my other post I mention a new type I/R laser torch UF 2001 I have tried on my XT, 007 Pard, and MK 1 photon, this may be something to think of buying as the cost to maybe repair if Thomas Jacks can do will be far more than the cost of this torch, not including post cost, I do not use the on board I/R with the XT , these new laser torches are around £40 and I use a figure 8 clamp with thumb screw so it sits high above front lens, there are a few uk suppliers now, I can check AM for you if you wish, cheers