Possible scam (of sorts)

hodge911

Just had s call from "the coop funeral plan" .

The guy said good morning its Stuart from coop funeral plan .. have you received the brochure I sent you ?" 

I reply sorry mate haven't got a clue what your on about ... 

His reply ... I spoke to your wife on the 8th of this month and she said to send them... 

Now red flag starts as I'm my wife's full time carer and due to her epilepsy I deal with all stuff like this ... 

I tell him that he's most definitely wrong and didn't speak to my wife on the 8th ... a couple of seconds silence then he replies " she requested a call via the website .... That's when I definitely know it's some sort of scam as she can't even turn the computer on let alone find a company and request a call from them ... he then says "well did you not fill the form in for her ..... err no I most definitely DID NOT so where did you get my number from ... oh ok bye and he hangs up ....

So just a little heads up incase it's a new thing going round 

19 minutes ago, figgy said:

Ring your local co-op funeral home and ask them about it. If it's not them, they'll want to know about someone using their name in a scam.  They'll be inclined to do something about it, did you get the number they called from.

A good point, although might be better to speak to the OPs misses first!:good:

11 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

A good point, although might be better to speak to the OPs misses first!:good:

My mrs is never away from me and definitely 100% not on the 8th of this month ... 

If the caller I.D gives a number that she doesn't know she passes the unanswered phone to me .

So I can for certain say there in no way on this earth that she spoke to him on the 8th and even more so she didn't request a call via the internet...

33 minutes ago, hodge911 said:

My mrs is never away from me and definitely 100% not on the 8th of this month ... 

If the caller I.D gives a number that she doesn't know she passes the unanswered phone to me .

So I can for certain say there in no way on this earth that she spoke to him on the 8th and even more so she didn't request a call via the internet...

In that case then, as Figgy says. let the Real Co-op know and they may be able to pursue the ********.