Dry Roasted Peanuts.

fatchap

Due to the lack of family this Christmas gone, The huge tub of dry roasted peanuts is taking longer than usual to finish, I don't like peanuts but I do like the dust that collects at the bottom of the tub, KP ones you can see the dust through the plastic and a good shake every now and again adds to the tally. Temptation got the better of me and I have just been caught red handed running the peanuts through a sieve collecting the dust in a bowl. I must say a total over reaction by the wife resulting in her hiding them. 

I think I may have to write a letter to KP explaining the situation and the possibility of next year for people like me that don't like peanuts just to sell bags of the dust, I'd buy them.

My Daughter has a similar thing with KFC she just likes the batter. Won't eat the chicken, Peels the batter off wraps it around the chips and dunks it in the gravy. 

Now where are those peanuts........?

I must say i also like the bits left at the bottom of the packets, but not to sound off putting to those that have not dried the Dry Roasted Nut, upon opening a packet the smell always reminds me of a freshly dropped bottom burp. 

Another one of my personal favourites is the Honey Roast Cashews, and again the bits left at the bottom are very moreish. 

3 minutes ago, Dougy said:

I must say i also like the bits left at the bottom of the packets, but not to sound off putting to those that have not dried the Dry Roasted Nut, upon opening a packet the smell always reminds me of a freshly dropped bottom burp. 

Another one of my personal favourites is the Honey Roast Cashews, and again the bits left at the bottom are very moreish. 

Talk of moreish..... have you had the Sahara Hot Nuts? Crispy covered peanuts you get served up warm in the cinemas? My word they are good!

4 minutes ago, Rob85 said:

Talk of moreish..... have you had the Sahara Hot Nuts? Crispy covered peanuts you get served up warm in the cinemas? My word they are good!

Tesco used to do a similar one, but they came with a crispy chilli coating instead, they were good!

Edited by Farmboy91
Spelling

KO dry roasted nuts must have a drug in them, you think I'll just have a few.

Hour later half a bag gone a gut ache off eating too many.

Easy way to stop eating them is take a good sniff inside the bag 🤮

Best to dip a finger tip.in the dust and luck it off. I nearly choked emptying it into my mouth out of the bag. Couldn't swallow it or get it wet enough, took a breath and inhaled some, cue a bout of coughing where I expected to see a lung come up.😲

Edited by figgy

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/01/2021 at 21:21, Dougy said:

upon opening a packet the smell always reminds me of a freshly dropped bottom burp. 

Just like pork scratchings or packets of chicken or ham from the supermarket 😄

On 11/01/2021 at 21:26, Rob85 said:

They used to sell them in the pubs but now seem to have been replaced by the Nobbys Nuts coated version.