Are driven days still allowed to go ahead?

13 minutes ago, LeedsZeppelin said:

I'm seeing a lot of driven game opportunities advertised for the last few weeks of the season, but I thought they were not allowed due to current restrictions? Some are even advertising for full teams.

Are these keepers flaunting the law to minimise financial loses, or am I missing something?

No. The season is scuppered. 

I know that Wrekin Sporting are offering walked up days for one or two guns for a days shooting with a limited bag.  They have some excellent opportunisties at Wappenshall for anyone with a pointer as most their birds are partridge in game covers.

This is within the rules as put out by BASC apparently.

Edited by Walker570

1 hour ago, Smokersmith said:

As long as it's in your village!!!!

That's where the Govt.'s travel rules have really scuppered things in England such as fowling. The rules in Scotland on travel are much more accommodating.

Yep not often wee Jimmy Crankie gets something right!!

Got my monthly update email from William Powell Sporting yesterday and they are still showing shooting opportunities all over England.  Most are out of date and clearly they haven't updated their Opportunities listing to take account of Lockdown etc.

I suspect that's the case with a number of Sporting Agencies, after all I suppose they can at least still impress readers with what they DID have on offer !!

18 hours ago, LeedsZeppelin said:

I know rough shooting with a limit of two people is acceptable if available locally, but I thought driven shooting or shooting in a team was now off the cards in England?

It is.

I have seen so many people on social media asking if they can do this or that...... they are looking for someone to re-affirm what they want to do. They need to take responsibility for their own actions. It's the spirit of the guidance in terms of how far you travel. You need to consider the possible knock-on effect if you go out, have an accident requiring emergency services. Same for anyone, cyclists, walkers, runners.