Permission walk about

lampro

1 hour ago, Stonepark said:

I think the viral Haemorrhagic fever is doing a good job keeping the rabbits down, if it wasn't for this and Myxy, we would still have good numbers of rabbits.

The bzzards just get an easy feed as the viral rabbits crawl outside to eat/die.

It has gone quite on the rabbit front around by me, plenty of Hares on the fields and birds on the stubble, been out and about and managed to drop on a job where rabbits are wrecking the place so will be on that Thursday, private grounds to a football club so pest prevention paper work coming out stops mr police man having me in lock.down

Edited by lampro

3 hours ago, Stonepark said:

I think the viral Haemorrhagic fever is doing a good job keeping the rabbits down, if it wasn't for this and Myxy, we would still have good numbers of rabbits.

The bzzards just get an easy feed as the viral rabbits crawl outside to eat/die.

They reckon the huge decline in rabbits after Myxy caused a huge decline in the ability of workers cockers.

You used to be able to get walked up rabbit shooting almost anywhere when there were loads of rabbits about, but not anymore 😞 

Spots with walked up rabbit shooting are fiercly guarded. 

54 minutes ago, tiny tim said:

Saw a rabbit today on our shoot.    I stopped the van to look at it.  
that how rare they are around here.     There used to be thousands

That sounds familiar, i saw one whilst out on our morning walk last week. If it wasn't for the fact i am doing dry January i would of thought i was seeing things. Miss seeing them around to be honest. The thought of shooting one here is at the moment not a viable option. 

Cheers

Aled

Allright mate, I find cricket pitches are good and will gladly let you ferret them.  You probably know this but riding stables are aswell we had one many years ago but too many people found out and killed it off then the lady stopped people going there but its alive again now but the lady will not let anybody go there now shes had enough of strangers. I begged her the other day but she wouldn't let me.