HEADS UP!!

fatchap

Might be old news but I'm posting it anyway. Vets are warning pet owners mainly dogs and cats that due to the worsening Covid situation. The likes of Amazon and other parcel delivery companies are treating the parcels with a non pet friendly disinfectant. Its quite harmful by all accounts to dogs and cats. And you shouldn't let your dog or cat anywhere near the parcel. My dog loves to rip up cardboard but won't be getting his paws on anything now that gets delivered.

I wouldn't worry too much if Hermes have delivered your parcel because by the time they get round to delivering it the disinfectant has probably worn off.

Edited by fatchap

1 hour ago, figgy said:

That is if it's delivered at all, they just take them for a ride out now again.

Had more than a few issues with Hermes. Absolute joke.

Saying "attempted delivery" at times that my office was open. Just simply lies. Customer service non existent and trying to contact anyone is impossible.

Paid a visit to the depot and explained my displeasure. There were no drivers there at the time just a manager but the message was obviously passed on as when I returned the following day the driver for my street apparently ran out of the back door.

They call me now to tell me exactly what time they'll be there.

Edd

Son was waiting on a delivery from a courier, had the app and was watching the van drive along the road towards our driveway. Only two or three stops away he said, will answer the door while I go get my gear. Minutes went by no knock at door, he came down fuming, the van went straight past the drive and his phone binged with a message we tried to deliver but your were not in.  To say he wasn't amused is an understatement, he only ordered as it was fast delivery. Tried to go g the depot to be told he couldn't collect until tomorrow. He said you better get that driver there with it, I watched him drive past on the app.

Can't remember what happened after that. 

Shockingly bad service from some parcel services.

DPD Have always been useless by me, as above said no one to sign on many occasions when I have been sat by my office window working all day waiting for them, and then you have to go to there depo in stoke on trent to collect the items and there is no way of complaining, I said to them I want to charge for my time waiting in for them loss of income bit got no were absolutely rubbish, I have even told the people that I buy of that I will.stop buying from them of DPD is used as there courier