Essex murder...three guns missing.

enfieldspares

Just now, The Mighty Prawn said:

Odd they say three guns but then only give details of two? Do we think one was an air rifle so no details on file? Don't mention they have recovered it so don't think that's the source of the discrepancy

They said the two guns then give one serial number... then say "the other serial number is" and just end the paragraph.

Just sloppy reporting it seems. 

A self loading ruger rifle, so a ruger 10/22 No doubt, any wannabe gangster will have serious street cred with one of them, could be quite easily cut down into a semi auto pistol or turned into an open bolt spraying machine....If they can convert blank pistols they will have no bother with that. if it had a moderator stolen too then a scumbag druggie gangster with a silent weapon is a terrifying prospect.

If that thing got used in a mass shooting then I would expect the fall out to land on our shoulders and our semi auto 22lr rifles would be banned in the standard knee-jerk reaction.

Maybe the 16yr old didn't do the killing and there's a good chance the police will have him singing like a canary but anyone over 18, if not the rope then I would be putting them in for a whole life sentence. Utter scum of the earth.

Just now, The Mighty Prawn said:

But that's only details of two guns but they stated three are missing so why no info on the third gun?

As I said sloppy reporting, they can't even write and publish a sentence that makes sence. 

They say that there are two semi auto rugers...  

The standard of writing is very poor, I would er that it is poor writing rather than them not releasing info on the third gun. 

9 hours ago, Lloyd90 said:

As I said sloppy reporting, they can't even write and publish a sentence that makes sence. 

They say that there are two semi auto rugers...  

The standard of writing is very poor, I would er that it is poor writing rather than them not releasing info on the third gun. 

I don't know if my english is failing worse than the reporters but to copy the report...

The two guns are a self-loading Ruger Rifle 22 RF with the serial number 354-66591, and a Browning 12 bore over and under shotgun with the serial number.

That definitely doesn't say two semi autos, so my question about the mysterious third gun still stands?

On 13/01/2021 at 07:47, WalkedUp said:

No fixed abode. What a surprise. 

Murderer is 16, old enough for the rope.

The usual suspects no doubt.

On 13/01/2021 at 18:24, The Mighty Prawn said:

I don't know if my english is failing worse than the reporters but to copy the report...

The two guns are a self-loading Ruger Rifle 22 RF with the serial number 354-66591, and a Browning 12 bore over and under shotgun with the serial number.

That definitely doesn't say two semi autos, so my question about the mysterious third gun still stands?

Other news reports say only two guns, Ruger and a Browning.

1 hour ago, NoBodyImportant said:

Headline should read,  83 year old man shoots home invaders 

Blame the Labour prosecution of Tony Martin. He would have ended up the same way but started shooting and was convicted of murder. Your country is far better about self protection. 

“Fred Barras, the dead youth, had already been convicted of a total of 29 offences by the time of his death at the age of 16, including seven convictions for theft and six for fraud. He had been sentenced to two months in a young offenders' institution for assaulting a policeman, theft and being drunk and disorderly. On the night he was killed, Barras had just been released on bail after being accused of stealing garden furniture. His grandmother, Mary Dolan, stated: "It's not fair that the farmer has got all the money and he is the one that took Fred away."”

1 hour ago, WalkedUp said:

Blame the Labour prosecution of Tony Martin. He would have ended up the same way but started shooting and was convicted of murder. Your country is far better about self protection. 

“Fred Barras, the dead youth, had already been convicted of a total of 29 offences by the time of his death at the age of 16, including seven convictions for theft and six for fraud. He had been sentenced to two months in a young offenders' institution for assaulting a policeman, theft and being drunk and disorderly. On the night he was killed, Barras had just been released on bail after being accused of stealing garden furniture. His grandmother, Mary Dolan, stated: "It's not fair that the farmer has got all the money and he is the one that took Fred away."”

I looked that case up a while back after hearing about it on this forum.  I was screaming at the YouTube video as I watched it.  

In this country it is illegal. In others not. Morally I have no absolutely no issue with a burglar being killed in defence of the home, whether or not the invader is armed, and whether or not the killing is premeditated or in retribution. 

I have the mentality of “if you poke a bear you get bitten”. As soon as you are acting with criminal intent then the law should shield you from repercussion.