5 Shot 12 Bore Cartridges

skinny

Hi All, 

Just looking to see if anyone in the south devon area has any 5 shot fibre cartridges they are looking to offload. I've been asked to help out with a crow problem but the cost of 5 shot is pretty expensive so just seeing if anyone had any available going they no longer needed. 

5 minutes ago, skinny said:

Hi All, 

Just looking to see if anyone in the south devon area has any 5 shot fibre cartridges they are looking to offload. I've been asked to help out with a crow problem but the cost of 5 shot is pretty expensive so just seeing if anyone had any available going they no longer needed. 

#6 will do the job just as good. I know #5 are excellent but I've used #6 for many years.

1 hour ago, enfieldspares said:

Pattern fails before penetration. Just....humour me on this...try a couple or few good quality English #7 or #7.5 trap loads. Even better if you can get some now obsolete (for clay shooting) old 1 1/8 ounce loads of the same. You might be as pleasantly surprised as the crows are unpleasantly surprised. 

I’ll second that.

2 hours ago, enfieldspares said:

Pattern fails before penetration. Just....humour me on this...try a couple or few good quality English #7 or #7.5 trap loads. Even better if you can get some now obsolete (for clay shooting) old 1 1/8 ounce loads of the same. You might be as pleasantly surprised as the crows are unpleasantly surprised. 

What would you class as the best quality English #7 / #7.5 ?

4 hours ago, Shearwater said:

What would you class as the best quality English #7 / #7.5 ?

Anything used by the well known top AA Class and A Class guys on the clay pigeon completion shooting circuit. Might be one of the British makes or one of the Italian makes.

Premium grade shot of consistent size and roundness. Plated of minimum 4% antimony. Not cheap stuff, soft with shapes and sizes like a bag of kiddies "runts" sweets.

English #7 or # 7 1/2 not USA #7 which is, I think, English #6 and England #7 respectively?