Vets

Centrepin

Vets have been putting off my dogs boosters since October as either too busy or locked down.

I emailed them saying if they're not carried out and I have to have the complete course from scratch or my dogs become ill I would hold them liable financially and medically. It must have worked as I had a phone call could I attend next day (today) at 1345.

What a palaver. Park outside, ring the receptionist who i could see through the door. Describe my car and give registration. Vet then rings back and comes to door. Mask on, hand over dogs and wait in car. Vet rings, comes to door, masks on, hands over dogs. Closes door. I then open door, walk in with dogs, to receptionist who was unmasked, pay and speak to vet who takes off his mask to tell me dogs are now protected and can he help me with anything else. 

Is it just me?

Your vet has at least done something. Ours are not doing routine vaccinations but have said they will notify me of a vaccination clinic in the next month or two

otherwise process is similar and presumably recommended by BVA. Dog collected from car, and returned to car. Separate payment at door of office by card. All staff masked and gowned up all the time.

Thats how it is!

It just seems such a farce. The vets are in a retail park which is as busy today as a Saturday or a Bank Holiday. No restrictions on how many people in each shop. Queues and arguing about parking, if it wasn't for my blue badge I wouldn't have found a space.

Both my bitches are spayed and healthy and I want them to stay that way. Quite a lot of people are questioning the annual booster though. £90.54 for two.

My dogs booster is always in early October, had nothing through and said to my wife I'm going to get onto them as it's all a part of the healthy pets club I pay for, I want the wormer and flea tick treatments. 

Then other day got a letter to ring and book him in. Taking the wee wee as I'm paying for something I'm not getting. 

I was once told by a vet when a dog reaches a certain age they dont need injections any more.

I have not had my dogs done for years. Except when then they had to go into kennels while i was on holiday.

I've had 20 dogs and only lost them from old age and fits.

6 minutes ago, samboy said:

I was once told by a vet when a dog reaches a certain age they dont need injections any more.

I have not had my dogs done for years. Except when then they had to go into kennels while i was on holiday.

I've had 20 dogs and only lost them from old age and fits.

This. 
A vet told me exactly this many years ago. 
When abroad, I only kennel my dogs with trusted gun dog friends, never have used commercial boarding kennels.

Like a lot of businesses even vets are doing silly things to make it look like they are following strict guidelines. 

The current 4 legged eejit in my kennel got her initial injections from the vet before I picked her up from the breeder, she has never seen a vet since and that was nearly 8 years ago.

I’m taking my boys’ rabbits for their injections tomorrow (I know I know but the last lost died of RHD2 and it’s cheaper than constantly buying more rabbits). I booked it weeks ago as early as possible but the first appointments aren’t until 9.45am “due to Covid”. 

Edited by WalkedUp