One for the Winchester fans. 6500 Sporter

HoTsHoT-10

7 minutes ago, HoTsHoT-10 said:

I’ve got a 1981 price list and a Grand European was £853. Makes it over £3100 today with inflation 

Mine cost me £850.00 around five years ago, I spent £150 on the woodwork and was offered £1200.00 for it over a year ago, and with hindsight I should have taken it. 
It’s just taking up cabinet space nowadays but have regretted selling guns before, so am a bit reluctant to let it go. 

11 minutes ago, Scully said:

Mine cost me £850.00 around five years ago, I spent £150 on the woodwork and was offered £1200.00 for it over a year ago, and with hindsight I should have taken it. 
It’s just taking up cabinet space nowadays but have regretted selling guns before, so am a bit reluctant to let it go. 

That is the thing. Good ones are getting hard to find. I’ve always fancied a Grand European, Lovely looking guns. My mate managed to pick up a mint, almost unused 8500 for £350 so there some bargains about. 

9 hours ago, HoTsHoT-10 said:

That is the thing. Good ones are getting hard to find. I’ve always fancied a Grand European, Lovely looking guns. My mate managed to pick up a mint, almost unused 8500 for £350 so there some bargains about. 

The pic’ of the 8500 I posted cost me similar, but I couldn’t shoot it so sold it to my nephew who could. He lost interest in it after buying several other guns and after saying he was just going to hand it in as he couldn’t find anyone who wanted it, so I took it back off his hands. While learning to shoot with it I was disappointed to discover a previous owner had opened it out from full and extra full, but it is still a tight half and three quarters, and I love using it for sporting and decoying. A keeper. 

5 minutes ago, muffin said:

n

i have shot with a 7ooo field for years have 2  2nd one unused hardly done anything also have a Diamond grade sporter and another all in Winchester cases should downsize as getting to old 

If you are looking at moving some on drop me a PM would be interested 

Cheers