Eley Eco Wad

That is very naughty, something fundamental is amiss with the make up of the cartridges.

Either moisture contained withing the resin of the wad or humid air is getting in.

A test of sealing the tops and bottoms on new carts would be good as a sample to compare with ones not touched.

No telling how the carts were stored before you buy them. Could be heavy rain on delivery day dampening the boxes. 

If it's that bad on copper coated lead, don't hold much hope for the steel shot versions.

looks like a good fox round to me 😉

needs the batch numbers reporting back to Ely

PVA based products have been around for a long time, I was using them carp fishing in the 80s and they often had to be used in certain ways to get the best out of them. Pretty sure that this will be temporary and the chemists can adjust the formula a little to stop this happening. It might mean a slower degradation but whether 1 month or two it will be a vast improvement over current plastic wads.

20 hours ago, Perazzishot said:

I always thought this was going to be a risk using a PVA type material that reacts with dampness.

I understand they are supposed to be gas tight at the wad, so is it a chemical reaction or not as tight on the seal as they think?

Very interesting video You would Think in this day and age with technology cartridge companies have this would not be happening 

I think it's more to do with the fact that something is amiss here. The wads are failing, under what conditions we don't know, but he states a new batch and a month, so guessing a month in dry conditions. Would a felt wad be blowing after a month or 2. No. I've got carts quite some years old as have many and they aren't failing. I don't buy to use within the week, I've got enough stock to last a few years fortunately, and I wouldn't trust these after 2 months after seeing that. 

If these are melting under standard conditions they ain't going to worth **** in the field. The idea is great but eley need to step up their game and get a better sealing process or stop selling sub standard carts.