Family trip to the beach (NZ style)

Houseplant

It's high summer here, so lots of trips to the beach with the family. I can't stand laying on the beach getting sunburnt, so use the time more productively to harvest dinner. I take care of the lobster catch (known locally as crayfish) and my wife (not the chap in the red wetsuit!) and young son enjoy collecting shellfish at low tide. 

Diving-Crayfish1.jpgFood-Crayfish-Shellfish1.jpg

Food-Shellfish1.jpg

9 hours ago, Houseplant said:

It's high summer here, so lots of trips to the beach with the family. I can't stand laying on the beach getting sunburnt, so use the time more productively to harvest dinner. I take care of the lobster catch (known locally as crayfish) and my wife (not the chap in the red wetsuit!) and young son enjoy collecting shellfish at low tide. 

Diving-Crayfish1.jpgFood-Crayfish-Shellfish1.jpg

Food-Shellfish1.jpg

Great photos, you and your husband look very happy 👍

26 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

My mates son lives on the north island and he sent a photo other week of a shark swimming about 30 yards out it looked a big shark to 

Sharks are a fact of life and they are plentiful. We see them all the time. The only ones we really have to worry about if we're not spearfishing are great whites. They are here, but not too common. Unfortunately, that poor girl came off worse from a great white encounter on Waihi Beach recently. Different ball game if we are spearfishing. The very common and often large bronze whalers go from pussy cats to tigers very quickly in the presence of a bleeding, struggling fish.

7 minutes ago, WalkedUp said:

Great photos, you and your husband look very happy 👍

😂😂😂