Percussion boots / Amazon

sam triple

Bought a pair of percussion boots in October going by all the good reviews after a few months of casual wearing , few hours over the weekends the left hand boots started to leak around the heel and lining inside started to come apart , so back on to Amazon to request a returns form which filled in and sent of with the boots to , Epic Outdoor - The Military & Outdoor Specialiast (AVOID  ) explaining the problem, 

Received an email stating as they had been worn they weren’t going to refund me , I explained I had to wear them to know that they were leaking , few hours pasted another email received from them giving me a refund of 1p , this  apparently reliefs of any further responsibility, with my blood boiling the mrs was on the Amazon web site requesting a phone call , within a few minutes I was talking to customer services explaining my problem and our sales of goods act , which states faulty goods that are not fit for purpose requires a full refund after a few minutes on hold they agreed with me and a full refund will be given ,

So if you’re ever in this situation where the seller thinks they can just fob you off because they’re online, think again and explore options available , I’m not sure if Amazon will then claim the money back from the seller or not and frankly I don’t care but when he sees my less than charitable feedback that may open his eyes 

retailers that treat folk badly really do miss a trick, this thread could have been about great customer service and resulted in more sales. Not only that but the retailer can hand the goods back to their wholesaler for a credit/refund so they only lose some customer service time (which comes with the territory) and not even any money.

57 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I would guess that for every one they offer the 1p refund to, a lot of people will accept it and give up.

Well done for standing up to them.

That’s what really wound me up and totally taking the P no way was I letting it go 

Just received an email from seller apologising but it was their company policy , too little too late as usual 

23 hours ago, sam triple said:

That’s what really wound me up and totally taking the P no way was I letting it go 

Just received an email from seller apologising but it was their company policy , too little too late as usual 

That you had no way of seeing because of purchasing through Amazon so could not be bound to it??

On 14/01/2021 at 07:38, Dougy said:

Mrs bought some percussion jacket and trousers, we found there ok for walking round the garden. And not much more than that, weak seams iffy stitching.

I am surprised. Never heard of the brand before but me and the son in law bought a hoodie each from here

https://www.newforestclothing.co.uk/percussion-hooded-camo-sweatshirt.html

and the quality and comfort is superb. We planned to try more percussion clothing 

1 hour ago, monster1971 said:

i assume you dont have a local retailer that you could have supported rather than going to amazon, i am sure you would have had a better service 

treesco [ suppliers of percussion] have a policy of retailers discretion for replacements and we have had very few complaints on their range

No one around me stocks them ( I can see why now) and I’ll always support my locals where I can , as said the fact they reimbursed me 1p showed their contempt 

On 15/01/2021 at 09:09, captainhastings said:

I am surprised. Never heard of the brand before but me and the son in law bought a hoodie each from here

https://www.newforestclothing.co.uk/percussion-hooded-camo-sweatshirt.html

and the quality and comfort is superb. We planned to try more percussion clothing 

I’ve have a Percussion fleece, must be 15 years old and I still wear it under my Ridgeline waterproof. Very comfortable and it hasn’t given up yet. 

Edited by Fisheruk

I use to sell Percussion boots. Not anymore. Not worth the grief. Even the company wasn't easy to get replacements/refunds from.

Stick to Aigle or Le Chameau. Yes they cost double but I've worn the same pair of Aigles for over fifteen years. 

Done 7 mile hikes in the rain in them as well as beating and shooting. Worth every penny. 

On my second pair of Marley Percussion trousers, the first pair lasted 3 winters beating up to three days a week, shooting ten days in the season plus daily dog walking and a bit of early and late season salmon angling.   Would still be wearing them yet had the pockets not given way under the pressure of car keys, knifes and assorted junk.  Latest pair seem to have stronger pocket material .

Blackpowder

14 minutes ago, Blackpowder said:

On my second pair of Marley Percussion trousers, the first pair lasted 3 winters beating up to three days a week, shooting ten days in the season plus daily dog walking and a bit of early and late season salmon angling.   Would still be wearing them yet had the pockets not given way under the pressure of car keys, knifes and assorted junk.  Latest pair seem to have stronger pocket material .

Blackpowder

Have to say, I would be disgusted if I bought something that only lasted three seasons. Good kit lasts 15 or 20 years.

2 hours ago, Vince Green said:

My son had something similar with a pair of expensive trainers he bought from a well known high st sports retailer. They fell apart but the shop point blank refused to give him his money back. 

We took it to trading standards but they wouldn't get involved because it was under £200

Even bigger praise to Amazon then , but next time I’ll be buying in person