8' Fly Rod 3/4 or 4/5 line - Cheap!

CaptC

The Memsahib has decided she would like to join me fishing which means looking forward to hours trying to teach her to cast with the strong possibility (hopefully) she will get tired and return to the gin bottle. Hence a cheap rod please? No jokes about "rods" please! 

I will have a look at what I have in the rod store and come back.

7ft 6inc medium action  Shakespeare Agility 3 piece  #4 in it's original hard case  £40 plus postage

The danger being...ask me why I know.... teach a woman to do things and she might embarrase you and catch more fish.

I might have a reel to match as well.

Edited by Walker570

6 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

7ft 6inc medium action  Shakespeare Agility 3 piece  #4 in it's original hard case  £40 plus postage

7 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Thanks - Appreciated!

58 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

The danger being...ask me why I know.... teach a woman to do things and she might embarrase you and catch more fish.

I might have a reel to match as well.

You’re not wrong. 

my Mrs - an ex air stewardess has outfished me many times. She’s caught bonefish in tabago, tarpon and snook in Florida and also a bonefish in Florida all on her own with no help from me, set the rod up, knots etc etc. She likes to mention that to other fishermen when we did such things as talk to people. 

Had a friend who taught his wife to salmon fish. They rented a good stretch of river in Scotland every year. He would be in the water at daybreak thrashing the river to a foam with little result. She would have normal breakfast, do her hair and make up, saunter down to the river and within the hour almost always had a fish on the bank.  When asked how she did it she repleid " I listen to the Ghillie".

8 minutes ago, Walker570 said:

Had a friend who taught his wife to salmon fish. They rented a good stretch of river in Scotland every year. He would be in the water at daybreak thrashing the river to a foam with little result. She would have normal breakfast, do her hair and make up, saunter down to the river and within the hour almost always had a fish on the bank.  When asked how she did it she repleid " I listen to the Ghillie".

😄

16 hours ago, Walker570 said:

For that to be true, the Ghillie must have been female?

On 14/01/2021 at 15:03, CaptC said:

The Memsahib has decided she would like to join me fishing which means looking forward to hours trying to teach her to cast with the strong possibility (hopefully) she will get tired and return to the gin bottle. Hence a cheap rod please? No jokes about "rods" please! 

Hello, nice one Paul, 👍