Combi Boiler

steve_b_wales

I have a viessman fitted in my house steve. It come with a 5 year warranty but A 10p rubber seal failed inside it after about 2 years so I contacted them and they only honour the warranty if you have it fitted and serviced every year by one of there approved engineers but I think most manufacturers are the same now day

2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Because the output (water flow) is now not fast enough to cope with the extra radiators etc that we've installed.

In what way? Rads are in a sealed system- do you mean your hot water? 
If so, there are ways to add an accumulator buffer to enable all taps to be used simultaneously without a drop in flow or pressure. 

Have a link to a YouTube vid if you wish.

8 minutes ago, Jaymo said:

In what way? Rads are in a sealed system- do you mean your hot water? 
If so, there are ways to add an accumulator buffer to enable all taps to be used simultaneously without a drop in flow or pressure. 

Have a link to a YouTube vid if you wish.

Basically, we upgraded our very old radiators, adding double ones in some rooms. We also got rid of our electric shower and had a new one that's run off the boiler. We've been told that a bigger output boiler would be more suited. And this came from a friend who wasn't trying to see us a new one. After having a new bathroom/kitchen fitted, my wife feels that a new boiler would be good! I'll leave her decide, as it's her inheritance money that's paying for it all, but thank you for your advice - much appreciated.

3 minutes ago, steve_b_wales said:

Basically, we upgraded our very old radiators, adding double ones in some rooms. We also got rid of our electric shower and had a new one that's run off the boiler. We've been told that a bigger output boiler would be more suited. And this came from a friend who wasn't trying to see us a new one. After having a new bathroom/kitchen fitted, my wife feels that a new boiler would be good! I'll leave her decide, as it's her inheritance money that's paying for it all, but thank you for your advice - much appreciated.

Steve, work out your requirement in BTUs and buy the correctly rated boiler.

Vaillant are a great make.

13 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I'll get my plumber mate to check it out. To be honest, our boiler is 14 years old (my wife worked it out last night)It's serviced annually via an insurance policy with Homeserve. I'm running 3 double large radiators, 3 single small radiators and two large (4 panel) towel rails.

Thanks.

Edited by steve_b_wales

I had a baxi platinum fitted to my rental house not too long ago, 1600, direct swap(very little messing with the pipes apart from some rearrangements). 10yr warranty, £100 service and landlord cert. two up two down 5 rads, the hot water flow isn't amazing but the mixer shower is much better than any electric shower!

On 15/01/2021 at 11:10, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Steve I  got to agree with TIGHTCHOKE we have had believe it or not the same Vaillant combi for the last 28yrs, serviced every year, but I bet the Vaillant boilers today are not a patch on the older boilers.

saying that it has had a new gas governor, temp gauge, pressure gauge, expansion vessel, 2 pressure relief valves, 3 NTC sensors, flow switch, 2 burners, 4 pumps & new control box fitted, but it’s still going 😂😂😂

Edited by blackbird

2 hours ago, blackbird said:

Steve I  got to agree with TIGHTCHOKE we have had believe it or not the same Vaillant combi for the last 28yrs, serviced every year, but I bet the Vaillant boilers today are not a patch on the older boilers.

saying that it has had a new gas governor, temp gauge, pressure gauge, expansion vessel, 2 pressure relief valves, 3 NTC sensors, flow switch, 2 burners, 4 pumps & new control box fitted, but it’s still going 😂😂😂

Just like Triggers (only fools and horses) broom!😀

14 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

Just like Triggers (only fools and horses) broom!😀

It's funny - that's what the BG engineers called ours that at 5 years old and even tried to condemn it. It is funny though since we stopped that policy with annual service it has had a lot less problems and is still going nearly 17 years later. (still gets serviced though). It even blew up (an expansion vessel) one Christmas - the concussion was like firing an 84mm anti-tank - and it is located in an internal garage!!!