Chokes

tonymagnum

2 hours ago, London Best said:

But you are a competitive clay shooter, are you not?  Or at least a very keen clay shot. I don’t know if you ever shoot game or if you have ever tried a SxS. I have used a variety of O/U over the years and I really don’t like them. 
I don’t go stalking with a target rifle, why would I want to shoot game with a target gun?

OU’s are available as ‘game’ models also, which I’m sure you know, but I think it is this versatility which explains why OU’s enjoy such popularity with a different generation of shooters. 

I can shoot with both,but I did once win a very posh captains clay trophy,with my aya side b side,,,when all the posh folk had o/unders,,,me and the wife couldnt afford the meal on presentation evening,,we were called thru the diners to collect both trophies,then we caught the bus home,,,I would always prefer a side be side,but cant see why its matters what other guys use,,,enjoy when we can,,

15 hours ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Back on topic*, see the attached file.  Will help the OP, and anyone else

choke-constriction-chart.pdf 2.11 MB · 11 downloads

*Semis are superior to both SxS and O/U, oh and 0.177 is superior to 0.22, and marmite is good.  As any fule kno.

Out of interest has anyone got a real TC barrel - measured at 0.000" restriction that actually patterns TC - 40% at 40 yards?

8 minutes ago, wymberley said:

Out of interest has anyone got a real TC barrel - measured at 0.000" restriction that actually patterns TC - 40% at 40 yards?

I have one on a Spanish gun I had bored out to parallel dimensions in 1975.  
No, I have never patterned it properly. But I am happy that it will kill cleanly at 40 yards. It has killed more game than any other barrel I have.

7 minutes ago, London Best said:

I have one on a Spanish gun I had bored out to parallel dimensions in 1975.  
No, I have never patterned it properly. But I am happy that it will kill cleanly at 40 yards. It has killed more game than any other barrel I have.

For some game I'm sure it will, but that wasn't what I asked.