Whats next?????

fatchap

Just getting over this covid now, getting better every day. However woke up this morning with a blocked ear. Sounded like something was moving around in there. So like an idiot I stuck a cotton bud down there as far as it would go. Instantly regretted it. The pain, not to mention the.....blood and whatever else was on the tip of the cotton bud. I am now sporting screaming ear ache and noticed my balance is a tad ski wiff. Seriously thinking I have upset someone. 

Now trying to get through to the doctors.....good luck with that mate.

Missus firstly said you should never put anything smaller than your elbow in your ear. And looking at how inflamed the inside of my ear is I probably have an infection which is great something else for my beleaguered immune system to go into battle with. 

That £$*&^!"£ receptionist!!!! who does she think she is? Has she got a medical degree? Has she done all the training and gone to college/university? No she is there to answer the phone and see if there are any appointments available. Not give me instructions to go to Boots and get medical olive oil to start with if its no better in seven days ring up again. I can understand its probably busy but who is she to give medical advise? 

Walk in there with your head almost severed bleeding out all over the place and she would say have you tried a big plaster? Doctor is very busy at the moment.

Its always the same woman I recognise her voice. Soon as she answered the phone(eventually) I knew I was on a hiding for nothing.

1 hour ago, fatchap said:

That £$*&^!"£ receptionist!!!! who does she think she is? Has she got a medical degree? Has she done all the training and gone to college/university? No she is there to answer the phone and see if there are any appointments available. Not give me instructions to go to Boots and get medical olive oil to start with if its no better in seven days ring up again. I can understand its probably busy but who is she to give medical advise? 

Walk in there with your head almost severed bleeding out all over the place and she would say have you tried a big plaster? Doctor is very busy at the moment.

Its always the same woman I recognise her voice. Soon as she answered the phone(eventually) I knew I was on a hiding for nothing.

sorry to hear about your ear (no pun intended). your immune system is probably still shot to pieces from covid.

i have it on very good authority (my mate that's married to a doctors receptionist) , that doctors receptionists aren't born , they're created deep underground , in a damp dark cave . they grow up in the cruelest of ways , with no human contact , and no love and affection , so that they have no understanding of feelings , or sympathy for others .:innocent:

Edited by mel b3

1 minute ago, JohnfromUK said:

I used to get ear infections badly at one time.  The cure is a spray called Otomise (available on prescription only).  Wonderful stuff.  See if you can get your doc to prescribe some.

Got to get to see the Doctor first. Just need to circumvent his gestapo trained receptionist.