jan8p

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Kojak_79 said:

Got a phone call today about my application sending out medical form tomorrow and they have contacted my references. So looks like there back at work now

Great you have some movement!

I'm stuck in a backlog of background checks with no ETA...

Just spoke with Dorset Devon & Cornwall and they confirmed it was likely to be June when processing and FEO visits resume. Although she did state that some processing and filing was taking place in anticipation for FEO handover and visits.

Hope this is of use to anyone else stuck waiting.

If nothing else she was very polite and to the point.

Devon do seem to be slow, they are usually spot on, so guess they really have stopped most activities. I've been waiting about 6 weeks so far for a 1 - 1 variation, which is just pen pushing. They were great on the phone, and did say it would take up to 3 months, usually only takes them about  week to 10 days. Fingers crossed for you Jan8p.

West Mercia were pretty quick with my SGC last year, Ive decided to reapply for my FAC after a 10yr break, contacted my local officer who advised to reapply for the SGC at the same time as the FAC so the renewal dates match, sent it off on Wednesday 10th March and messaged him to let him know, he said to give him a call in week or so to make sure its gone through to him.

Great service.

16 minutes ago, George1990 said:

Sussex Police have a very good firearms department. Always friendly and helpful on the phone. 

Sent a FAC variation off last Thursday, and got it back in the post today with all the alterations made. Only around 3 working days effectively. I did phone prior.

A friend of mine has been waiting months and months for Sussex to grant him a SGC, hes having no luck with them.